Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
As a Principal Customer Support Analyst, you will provide support to new and existing Accela Customers as well as Accela implementation partners with a primary focus on resolving issues through analysis, troubleshooting, and providing configuration guidance. The individual hired for this role will provide thorough analysis and feedback to colleagues, peers, partners and customers as well as deliver a high level of customer service and follow up. The successful candidate must be results-focused, interact well in a team environment, be resourceful with limited information and have a strong desire to learn.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Be a subject matter expert in Accela technology and apply it to our customers’ business processes.
- Devise solutions to support cases for our customer base as well as Accela Implementation Partners.
- Maintain ownership of cases through resolution, drive other teams as needed and set customer expectations.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and solve complex issues utilizing documentation, knowledge base, bug tracking system, requirements, other technical teams, etc.
- Communicate case patterns to the Product Management and Training departments to guide initiatives that reduce case inflow; author and publish content to contribute to training and knowledge.
- Successful candidates will deal with highly complex, technical, and sensitive issues requiring adherence to protocols, procedures and SLAs.
- Resolve customer concerns raised during installation, operations, or maintenance of product application or compatibility.
- Research and solve complex application and related business issues.
- Display interpersonal skills, product knowledge and expertise. Successful candidates will demonstrate customer empathy while also aligning with company goals regarding case management and product strategic direction.
- Configure, modify and administer key components for Accela products.
- 6+ years of progressive experience diagnosing and resolving problems in complex software environment.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office / Windows.
- Utilize Zoom, remote access, email, call bridges, etc. to connect and troubleshoot issues.
- Perform analysis for both the SaaS and On-Premise implementations.
- Provides technical assistance as needed (Application configuration, architecture analysis, etc.).
- Ability to explain complex concepts simply.
- Use of independent judgment under minimum supervision.
- Ability to adapt to change and quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage multiple priorities with multiple customers and understand prioritization.
- Understands Case SLA’s and can manage to those requirements.
- Intellectually curious; has a strong desire to see things to resolution.
- Familiarity with SaaS solutions a plus.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in IT, IS, or related field with extensive experience in Software Customer Support.
- Government software business analysis experience.
- SQL and Oracle DB knowledge.
- Familiarity with ITIL/ITSM problem management processes a plus.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.