Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela is seeking a sales leader for our Eastern US, Eastern Canada and EMEA engagement, with a focus on Microsoft. Someone who is deeply passionate about leading and driving sales effectiveness to achieve organic, profitable growth and sees themselves as strategic partner to the sales and executive team at Accela. In this role, this leader is an experienced partner sales manager that has experience in cultivating and growing sales within Microsoft and Microsoft Azure partner ecosystem. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build mindshare and enable broad use of Accela’s products for Azure and associated offers. In collaboration with Accela’s sales organization, you will establish, grow, and manage partner relationships.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Develop executive relationships within Microsoft regions to enhance visibility for Accela and to create strategic business opportunities.
- Develop relationships with Microsoft’s sales organization and the OCP team to drive new Accela revenue.
- Create new co-marketing opportunities for Accela with Microsoft.
- Guide Accela’s marketing in the development of content (solution briefs, presentations, videos, demos) to enable Microsoft and Microsoft channel sales engagement.
- Understanding the partner organization and sales process, to connect partner sellers with Accela sellers
- Executing a cadence of interactions with partners so they understand the Accela value proposition, offer updates, and sales process
- Coordinating the flow of leads between the partner and Accela. Planning and executing tactical field activities that builds relationships with Azure field and Accela field teams.
- Executing a cadence of updates of our new offerings, wins and capabilities.
- Creates and performs sales presentations to match company’s products/services with identified needs.
- Remains knowledgeable of company’s products/services to facilitate sales efforts.
- Maintains sales records and prepares sales reports as required.
- Educates partners and their sales teams to new or improved products/services.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
The role is designed for a smart, aggressive and experienced professional that is interested in managing and delivering high impact projects that drive revenue and increase user engagement. This alliance management role combines elements of strategy, sales and marketing and requires all the following:
- 10+ years of professional experience in sales
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft organization and strong existing relationships within that company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to craft a compelling message to articulate Accela’s story to Microsoft and align both companies’ interests.
- Complete mastery of sales acumen, partner enablement, operations, and industry knowledge.
- Expert-level knowledge of the SaaS/Cloud industry.
- Expert-level indirect revenue and lead generation knowledge, including knowledge of all facets of the sales process and experience forming successful partnerships.
- Ability to proactively generate leads, work under a quota, and effectively maintain/expand business relationships through e-mail, phone, and face-to-face contact.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand, ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Must be well organized and attentive to details.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously prioritizing work to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal guidance in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be comfortable with a balance of day-to-day execution and mid-term planning.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA is a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.