Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
Accela is seeking a leader to manage and develop our team of pre-sales Solution Engineers who support our national sales force. This role is responsible to create and manage scaleable, impactful technical demonstrations. The demo is a critical piece for prospects and current customers expanding their product adoption within the Accela brand. In addition, this role will be responsible for individual SE career planning and development, team development and hiring according to the changing needs of the sales organization.
This Manager is expected to maintain strong relationships with peers in the Sales, Services, Support, Marketing and other organizations to ensure alignment on organizational activities and directions. This role will also be responsible for supporting the Inside Sales organization to understand product offerings and opportunities for upsaling and to penetrate the market. These relationships will all directly support the Manager’s goal of developing and maintaining a team that regularly secures the technical win in every deal they support for the sales force. This role will lead and develop the sales organization with programic solutions targeting each customer segment with the use of technology to advance the way the product is demomed including self service offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead, develop, train and manage the team of Solution Engineers (SEs) to create and deliver winning product presentations.
Work closely with Sales and Sales management on sales opportunities strategy and tactical planning. Provide feedback on solutions and sales interactions ensuring alignment with Product Marketing and Product Management.
In collaboration with Product Management and Cloud Ops, responsible for the development, quality assurance, oversight, and delivery of the demo infrastructure.
Travel (50-60%) for conferences and customer engagements
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 8 to 10 years of experience as a pre-sales engineer/solution engineer in a Software as-a Service (SaaS) environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including but not limited to working as a member of professional services, implementation, or consulting team).
- 5+ years of working leadership experience, operating in a player/coach role alongside other solutions engineers in the pre-sales process
- Experience working in a State and Local agencies as an employee or contractor.
- Experience in, and understanding of, line of business systems as it relates to how operations are run within government. Hands on experience managing these systems is also preferred. Know your way around relational databases and on-premise IT environments.
- Understanding of cloud computing and general trends within the industry. Familiarity with cloud security as it relates to data and information.
- Knowledge of a programming language (Python, Java, .NET, etc.). Knowledge of ETL, GIS, and data integration tools also a plus.
- Experience in both on prem and SaaS technologies.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.