Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela is seeking a leader to manage and develop our team of pre-sales Solution Engineers who support our national sales force. This role is responsible to create and manage scaleable, impactful technical demonstrations. The demo is a critical piece for prospects and current customers expanding their product adoption within the Accela brand. In addition, this role will be responsible for individual SE career planning and development, team development and hiring according to the changing needs of the sales organization.
This Manager is expected to maintain strong relationships with peers in the Sales, Services, Support, Marketing and other organizations to ensure alignment on organizational activities and directions. This role will also be responsible for supporting the Inside Sales organization to understand product offerings and opportunities for upsaling and to penetrate the market. These relationships will all directly support the Manager’s goal of developing and maintaining a team that regularly secures the technical win in every deal they support for the sales force. This role will lead and develop the sales organization with programic solutions targeting each customer segment with the use of technology to advance the way the product is demomed including self service offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead, develop, train and manage the team of Solution Engineers (SEs) to create and deliver winning product presentations.
Work closely with Sales and Sales management on sales opportunities strategy and tactical planning. Provide feedback on solutions and sales interactions ensuring alignment with Product Marketing and Product Management.
In collaboration with Product Management and Cloud Ops, responsible for the development, quality assurance, oversight, and delivery of the demo infrastructure.
Travel (50-60%) for conferences and customer engagements
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 8 to 10 years of experience as a pre-sales engineer/solution engineer in a Software as-a Service (SaaS) environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including but not limited to working as a member of professional services, implementation, or consulting team).
- 5+ years of working leadership experience, operating in a player/coach role alongside other solutions engineers in the pre-sales process
- Experience working in a State and Local agencies as an employee or contractor.
- Experience in, and understanding of, line of business systems as it relates to how operations are run within government. Hands on experience managing these systems is also preferred. Know your way around relational databases and on-premise IT environments.
- Understanding of cloud computing and general trends within the industry. Familiarity with cloud security as it relates to data and information.
- Knowledge of a programming language (Python, Java, .NET, etc.). Knowledge of ETL, GIS, and data integration tools also a plus.
- Experience in both on prem and SaaS technologies.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.