Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
Accela is looking for an experienced and passionate sales leader to lead our inside sales team. In this position, you’ll report to the CRO and be responsible for leading the team to achieve our acquisition goals in a highly-energetic sales environment. This role requires excellent sales acumen, team leadership skills, inside sales management experience and the ability to collaborate with peers across the organization. You will manage a dynamic, growing sales team that will continue to scale as we expand our lead volume through online marketing, targeting, referral and cross-sell channels.
Your primary objectives will be 1. Generate Pipeline; 2. Produce Net-New and Expansion bookings; 3. Drive renewals for pre-exisiting customers.
In addition there will be a need to provide inspiration, coaching and strategic leadership to take the sales team’s performance to the next level while managing to change in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on management of the inside sales team day-to-day to achieve acquisition goals.
- Develop and coach the inside sales team and managers, improving their sales and management skills and conversion through all aspects of the sales funnel.
- Create & implement inbound and outbound sales strategy best practices and continually strive to improve the effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Communicate and educate the team through daily huddles, weekly trainings and monthly recap sessions designed to ensure cohesion amongst the team.
- Create and execute contests and morale initiatives to improve team performance to meet and exceed acquisition goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Success, Care and other teams to achieve company goals.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reporting metrics to evaluate progress and identify challenges to drive decision making and performance coaching at a team and individual level.
- Anticipate and react quickly to trends and changes in team and individual performance.
- Develop and manage sales department budgets, compensation and expenses.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 5+ years of experience in sales leadership in a high-velocity inbound sales environment.
- Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding both individual and team sales goals.
- Experience hiring and scaling a sales organization effectively
- Proven ability to manage and lead a dynamic and diverse sales team with a focus on continually driving improved performance through hands-on, day-to-day management.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves as this is a hands-on position, as well as a strategic one.
- Have the desire to create and try new strategies driving ideas from concept to execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to work inter-departmentally.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com is required.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.