Who is Accela:
Springbrook, an Accela company is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
Springbrook is currently seeking an Account Manager based in our Portland office.
The ideal candidate is experienced at maintaining and growing the investments of Enterprise Accounts within a specific territory or named accounts. The Account Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing client relationships by ensuring customer success and developing a roadmap for growth. The Account Manager will be based in Springbrook’s Portland Office and will be responsible for selling Springbrook’s subscription software, perpetual licenses, and professional services. Business will principally be conducted in the Portland office and this position requires minimal, 20% or less, travel.
Activities include assisting with direct marketing and lead generation campaigns, assisting with account collection and renewals, managing sales efforts, prospecting, lead follow-up, preparation of budgetary estimates, preparation of proposals, contract negotiations, and contract closures as well as actively documenting these activities within Salesforce.com. The ideal candidate must also understand project delivery and actively participate at a high-level if needed. The Account Manager will be expected to facilitate customer interactions with all departments within Springbrook.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Identify and build relationships with key decision makers in existing client organizations
- Speak with customers on a regular basis to address their needs and grow the business
- Conduct business meetings via telephone and web conference
- Develop an understanding of business issues and opportunities to deliver high-impact solutions and manage the client roadmap
- Create strong customer loyalty and demand within accounts
- Maintain and grow revenue from existing clients by selling and cross-selling our solutions into new departments
- Lead and contribute to RFP responses
- Lead the development of account plans and manage periodic account reviews
- Manage an existing account and continue to build pipeline
- Maintain CRM database (Salesforce) with accurate customer information
- Coordinate sales activities across many lines of business such as support, delivery, and finance
- Ability to accurately forecast opportunities for a rolling 12 month cycle
- Facilitate discussions internally and externally relative to customer coordination
- Provide proactive customer communication on product roadmap, delivery, and support initiatives
- Support Regional and National User Group meetings
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 2-4 years of inside sales experience selling enterprise wide solutions (both software and services) to local government agencies or the private sector
- Industry domain knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
- Understanding of project delivery and coordination with delivery teams
- This position is office based and requires minimal travel
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding quota
- Strong prospecting skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Familiarity with government sales cycles
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.