Who is Accela
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Accela U is responsible for the technical enablement of Accela’s customers, partners and employees. Accela U ideates, creates, markets, sells and delivers courses and certifications to ensure its constituencies excel in their use of Accela’s platform and other technical offerings. Accela U’s curricula is delivered via videos and virtual and traditional classroom (both public and at customer sites) methods.
Accela U is looking for a multitalented high-performer with instructional design experience who can also oversee the production of online training videos. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Accela U and will have considerable responsibility for the design and development of Accela U’s training portfolio. The successful candidate will work within the Accela U training organization, but also with business leaders and subject matter experts from within other Accela departments to design, develop, and deliver effective classroom (both live and virtual) content as well as on-demand product training videos that expedite implementation and promote the adoption of the Accela’s software solutions.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in a similar role, ideally for a software technology company. He/she will have a background in instructional design, be well-versed in adult learning theories and best practices and be adept at applying technical solutions to learning challenges, particularly around the application of the latest video learning technologies.
- Work with Product Development, Professional Services, and other internal Accela teams to ensure new product release information is accurately reflected in Accela U curricula
- Plan, design, develop, organize, write and edit instructor-led training, leveraging subject matter experts from within Accela
- Participate in creation and maintenance of Accela certifications
- Manage curriculum development schedules; identify, plan for and mitigate risks to ensure on-time delivery of assets
- Manage video production processes, including supporting technology and systems
- Write outlines and scripts for voice-over audio and on-camera video production
- Screen record smooth, high-quality videos spotlighting the Accela platform
- Shoot video using various equipment, record audio using professional microphones and recording booths to capture audio
- Manage all facets of audio and video post-production, including cleaning and enhancing the audio, editing and finalizing the video including adding transitions, zooms, specials effects, etc., syncing the audio and video, and producing and disseminating the videos
- Min 3 years of experience in instructional design, ideally for technology companies
- Proven ability to develop engaging and effective training content
- Able to share a portfolio of past classroom, audio and video work
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using the latest version of Camtasia Studio (both the Windows and the MAC versions) for screen capture video production.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using the latest version of Adobe Audition for audio post-production.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using professional-grade microphones and recording booths to capture audio
- A degree in Instructional Design or similar field
- One to three years of experience producing training videos
- Experience as voice talent
- Experience in creating and/or maintaining a video production studio/environment a plus.
Benefits and Perks
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.