Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications, and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where you fit:
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and support of Accela’s new data Analytics and Reporting cloud-based products, while coaching and nurturing junior engineers on the team. You will be part of a new Accela Civic Platform Analytics and Reporting team developing data insights, that seamlessly integrate with other Accela offerings.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
So, if you are a motivated developer looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
Impact you will make in the role:
- Help in the role out of Accela’s new data Analytics and Reporting cloud-based products
- Ability to Interpret product architecture and system design
- Participate on an Agile team, with daily scrum meetings, as well as planning and grooming meetings
- Analyze complex system and business requirements
- Perform Code Reviews, Unit testing, documenting and implementing software best practices
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class without causing any negative impact
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use development frameworks
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing
Expertise you will bring in (including years of experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 4+ years of development experience as a Software Engineer (Java)
- Experience in cloud-based business intelligence solutions, Big Data, Analytics & Reporting
- Design and implementation experience of;
- Cloud computing, data movement and analysis – preferably in the Azure ecosystem
- Database design - SQL, no-SQL, JSON, file and data tagging
- Data processing and analysis - R and Python scripting
- Data visualization - MS PowerBI or similar
- Data optimization
- Data architecture, modelling, storage, mapping, transformation, utilization, analytics
- Data reporting and the migration of SSRS, Crystal / Adhoc reporting to newer cloud-based solutions
- Strong and demonstrable experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component
- parts explore and evaluate them systematically
- Experience and understanding of software source control systems, preferably Git
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, membership of the Traveller community.