Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
The Director of Sales Operations is the operational lead providing direct and daily support to the Chief Revenue Officer and VP, Operations in support of executing the operational model and financial targets for Accela’s North America business, with a strong working relationship with our global sales teams.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Lead and/or assist in the creation and rollout of strategic programs to the field sales teams to drive key Revenue, margin, growth, etc.
- Management of overall sales forecasting process, reporting and communication; drive to business predictability and transparency.
- Support annual business planning process, including development of go-to-market business plan, territory and quota planning, and operational plan for Sales teams.
- Collaborate with VP’s of Business Development and Account Management to develop and execute Sales management disciplines and processes (i.e. field territory assignment, weekly/quarterly forecast, QBRs, territory reviews and account planning, account assignments, quota/budget allocation, etc.).
- Monitor operational performance and proactively identify opportunities for operational improvements.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Account Management VP’s and Directors in driving regional business goals, programs and initiatives.
- Promote collaboration, knowledge sharing within and across company on sales processes as well as operational best practices.
- Enable the sales force and sales management team by providing or facilitating sales education on tools processes and programs that will improve the productivity of the sales force.
- Calculate sales operations KPIs to ensure the process changes are making improvements.
- Help develop, implement and execute strategic and tactical plans and programs (i.e. regional business plans, whitespace, operational reviews, pipeline analysis and development, VAT coordination and integration).
- Provide Pipeline reporting, Dashboards, ad hoc analysis and reporting on key metrics to manage the business (i.e. Close Ratio, Forecast Accuracy, Productivity Per Head, Bookings Linearity, etc.) and recommend areas of improvement.
- Drive use of SFDC to automate tasks, drive efficiencies, improve insights, etc. across sales.
- SVP to C-level presentations / updates.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- BA or BS Degree in a related field e.g. Business and/or Economics.
- 8-10 years’ experience in a sales environment.
- Experience in Salesforce Sales, Cloud, and Services Cloud platform and a strong knowledge of Enterprise software and services preferred.
- Significant experience using SFDC to manage the salesforce, quota deployment & tracking, pipeline, automate tasks, etc. and using SFDC for data mining and analytics that drive actionable improvements in sales and profitability.
- Background in SLED – state & local government strongly preferred.
- Analytical and detail orientated with a drive for results.
- Experience in SVP to C-level updates / presentations using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Open and collaborative, works as a team with professionalism.
- Disciplined – able to prioritize and work with rigor to high standards; able to follow process and work to quality frameworks.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.