Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Billing Supervisor to join our growing Finance team. You will be responsible for working closely with Order Management, Professional Services and Sales to manage billing best practices to ensure that invoices are processed timely and accurately.
This is a high impact and very visible role within a dynamic and growing organization which requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the team. You will be responsible for leading and planning the billing operations. This individual is responsible for designing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing processes across multiple product lines.
You will be responsible for the following.
What you will do:
- Oversee and ensure monthly billing is done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Timely completion of Month-end closing of the billing group.
- Implement quality assurance for all billing processes.
- General understanding of Revenue Recognition Rules.
- Lead the Credit Memo and RMA Process. Making improvements to ensure Credit Memos are processed in a timely manner.
- Weekly reporting of billing metrics.
- Along with one direct report, manage monthly invoicing to ensure completeness.
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting and tasks as required
- Work closely with Order Management, Professional Services and Collections teams to resolve Customer issues.
Who you are:
- A high-energy goal oriented, self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, can partner across all departments and who takes enjoyment while getting things done.
- A “hands-on” doer with a strong attention to detail and follow through.
- A continuous learner who is not afraid of asking questions.
- You are comfortable working with deadlines and understand the urgency that month, quarter and year ends bring.
The education, skills and experience you bring:
- College degree in accounting/finance/business management preferred
- 3+ years of work experience of accounts receivable, or billing experience, technology-focused industry experience preferred
- A strong orientation to strategic thinking and building relationships at all levels within an organization
- The ability to communicate effectively in-person, over the phone or in writing.
- The ability to manage sensitive customer information
- A strong, self-starter with a results-focused orientation and a proven track record of exceeding expectations in a fast-paced work environment.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce (SFDC) and NetSuite a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation