Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting and regulatory solutions. We have more than 20 years of govtech experience and offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications and a robust and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. Accela was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification, is consistently featured as one of the leading GovTech 100 companies and is ranked on the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies.
We help governments innovate so they can improve business and citizen outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety and trust, and create an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for thousands of governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela is looking for a motivated, experienced Renewals Account Manager who will develop insight into customer challenges, identify key stakeholders, and partner closely with legal and finance to manage contract negotiations. You will retain and grow recurring revenue in customer accounts while achieving individual goals on a monthly basis. You will engage with the sales team in discovery conversations to uncover account expansion and multi-year renewal opportunities and articulate to customers the benefits of Accela solutions.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Engage with customers and partners to renew subscription and support revenues
- Manage renewal contract negotiations and achieve on-time contract booking
- Understand and apply Accela sales processes and policies
- Develop quotes and manage customer data in Salesforce
- Identify cross sell / upsell opportunities and work with field sales team to generate incremental revenue
- Contribute to forecast and drive deals to close in committed timeframe
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success to drive customer satisfaction
- Meet or exceed renewal quotas
Expertise you will bring in (including years of experience):
- 5+ years of experience in renewals account management preferably in high-tech industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment that requires strategic thinking, resourcefulness, results-oriented decision making and commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated experience with collaboration between sales, customer success, finance and legal to help drive customer renewals to closure.
- Must be familiar with Salesforce.com, CPQ tools, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation