Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting and regulatory solutions. We have more than 20 years of govtech experience and offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications and a robust and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. Accela was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification, is consistently featured as one of the leading GovTech 100 companies, and is ranked on the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies.
We help governments innovate so they can improve business and citizen outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety and trust, and create an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for thousands of governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela provides cutting edge technology for government agencies to engage and serve their citizens. The cornerstone of our technology is the Civic Cloud Platform that allows an entire ecosystem development and business partners to create endless number of solutions to serve the government and the public.
As a Database Engineer, you will focus on developing our current and future Database Design and Administration capabilities into those of a modern, scalable SaaS platform.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Provide ongoing DB Management and Administration for Production Database systems
- Develop the next generation of Production Database Services for Accela’s Civic application platform.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and QA engineers to deliver high quality database services.
- Participate on an Agile team, with daily scrum meetings, as well as planning and grooming meetings.
- Collaborate with developers to perform database design reviews, database code reviews for high performance.
- Perform DB Optimization and Tuning to maximize speed and scale.
- Perform system wide analysis to ensure the proposed solution is the best-in-class.
Expertise you will bring in:
- 3+ years of Azure / Cloud experience
- 5+ years of experienced in all aspects of database administration and management is critical
- SQL Server Availability Groups
- SQL Server Log shipping and Replication
- SQL Server HA / DR
- Performance Tuning and troubleshooting
- Backup and Recovery
- Mastery of Windows System Administration and Windows clustering
- Expertise in creating, editing and maintaining PowerShell scripts
- Experience in managing 24x7 production database systems
- Ability to remediate operational performance of database processes, including:
- System Health/Monitor: DB Monitoring – Ignite / App Dynamics
- Experience with SSRS, Power Bi and Crystal Reports is a plus
- Experience with Data warehouse and ETL processing is a plus
- Ability to create automated remediation
- Data migration between database platforms like Oracle and SQL Server
- Independent thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related field
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations