Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting and regulatory solutions. We have more than 20 years of govtech experience and offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications and a robust and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. Accela was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification, is consistently featured as one of the leading GovTech 100 companies, and is ranked on the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies.
We help governments innovate so they can improve business and citizen outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety and trust, and create an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for thousands of governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
The Sr. Director, Quality Engineering is responsible for driving the strategy, implementation, and continuous improvement of quality assurance best practices across Accela products. This role will lead a team to standardize and execute on these best practices from functional testing through regression and test automation as well as load and performance testing of all Accela products. This role has tremendous influence over Accela’s SDLC, ensuring the delivery of enterprise-quality products to our customers.
Accela products span a variety of technologies, including GIS, mobile, document management, workflow automation, data & analytics, and 3rd party platform tools, allowing for a diverse range of capabilities and an exciting spectrum of engineering opportunities. We’re looking for a technical leader who can bring their experience delivering high quality platform-driven enterprise SaaS applications built from technologies like these.
- Thought leadership guiding the definition, implementation, and continuous improvement of our quality assurance processes and test methodology.
- Collaboration with peers in Development leadership, our Architecture team, and Product Management to prioritize quality throughout the organization. Instill a sense of urgency regarding service quality throughout Accela.
- Interaction with key customers to ensure our quality programs adequately address their use cases.
- Promotion of test automation best practices through all scrum teams.
- Collaboration with Product Management and other departments to analyze business requirements and develop test strategies meeting quality standards.
- Management of roadmap and release estimation efforts through your team; participation in planning exercises with peers to land on goals that accommodate quality targets.
- Team development and mentorship of a globally distributed QA organization.
- Team focus on the intersection of infrastructure and software to provide customers with a high quality, performant, stable service.
- Creation and maintenance of dashboards demonstrating areas of progress and areas of need.
- Evaluation and selection of tools needed to accomplish quality improvement and automation goals.
- Coordination of internal and external test activities to bring peers and customers into the quality assurance process through bug bounty programs, and UAT.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation