Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will play a key role in supporting our customers’ objectives through accelerating the adoption and deployment of Accela’s solutions.
You are responsible for managing engagements from start to finish by actively managing a project plan, carefully working with customer and internal teams to resolve dependencies and actively identifying and mitigating all risks related to delivery.
You are responsible for working with functional and technical teams to drive product implementations. You are the owner of the cross-functional delivery process! You will evaluate, integrate, and continually enhance operational performance of an agile implementation methodology. You are responsible for implementing and enhancing appropriate tracking and reporting metrics in a manner that provides transparency and visibility into project health. Throughout project delivery, you will help surface impediments and collaborate cross-functionally to remove them. You are comfortable managing multiple projects that are at various stages of delivery.
You manage customer billable projects to schedule, budget and contracted deliverables.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Project Management: Lead project planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; understand closely the deliverable structure and content; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; ensure customer satisfaction.
- Risk Assessment: Throughout entire life cycle of project, assess and categorize layers of risk with corresponding mitigation plans to address; both internally and externally. These risks can be at the project level, resource level, task level, or deliverable level
- Deliverable Management: Manage multiple project deliverables and cascading payment milestones simultaneously. Leverage appropriate level of audience based off of sense of urgency, both the client’s and Accela’s
- Customer Success Management: Manage expectations and day to day interactions with clients and stakeholders; manage project quality and risk, potentially across multiple engagements.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with key decision makers at key customers; participate and lead aspects of the proposal response process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Aptitude for picking up new technologies and methodologies.
- Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm.
- BA or BS in technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with a management consulting or Big 5 consulting organization.
- Successful experience managing of large billable projects for external customers.
- Use of formal project management tools (e.g., MS-Project, Visio, OpenAir, etc.).
- Strong technical background, with previous experience with delivery of enterprise class software.
- Strong analytical skills and experience managing technical and project management issues.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
- Ability to interact and communicate with CxO-level personnel.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.