Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
We are currently seeking a Solutions Engineer for a home-based position in the Rocky Mountain region. The Solutions Engineer is responsible for conducting product demonstrations to potential and current customers and configuring Accela software solutions to reflect target customer’s needs with our software offerings, interfacing regularly with customers and prospects.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Articulate and promote Accela’s technology and product positioning to business and technical customers, prospects and partners
- Analyze prospect demonstration requirements and develop detailed Accela demonstration scripts
- Deliver compelling and targeted full solution product demonstrations remotely and in person at prospect site and industry events throughout the country
- Support customers via onsite and remote account visits and follow up
- Provide solution-related assistance to other Accela departments and current customers
- Prepare functional requirements to convey product requirements to engineering, reflecting specific needs of the prospect and install base as a result of discussions and demo script requirements as well as requests from the sales team
- Work closely with the sales team as a key technical product advisor and advocate
- Remain informed of job-related issues through networking, training programs, seminars and trade publications
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Government Agency Employment as a Subject Matter Expert preferably, IT Department with similar software solutions, or both
- Professional presentation skills along with the ability to improvise and adapt to meeting dynamics
- Ability to analyze and articulate customer business processes
- Technical ability to process available information in order to deploy and configure software
- Ability to effectively communication one on one with software users of all levels and roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Use of independent judgment under a minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to prioritize action items and meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times with all users
- Reside in assigned region and able to travel throughout the country, at times with minimal advanced notice (travel up to 75% of the time)
- 3 – 5 years minimum experience in sales and/or software product presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology, marketing/sales, or communication related field or the equivalent skill and knowledge
- Knowledge of local/state/federal government business processes in permitting, planning, asset, and enforcement activities, preferred
- Working experience in engineering or sales of similar software products or in the use of those products in target client base, or a combination of both
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.