Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work,and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager based in either San Ramon, CA or Salt Lake City, UT.
Product Management is charged with being the customer’s voice within Accela and develops an understanding of what our customers will need now and in the future. Be a key contributor in the development and growth of Accela’s transformative solutions for local governments that enable mission critical processes to be more productive. Your experience will be brought to life in Business Cases, Concepts, Product Roadmaps, MRD development and in interactions with senior management, engineering, sales, support, marketing and with partners and customers. This position requires proven communication and collaboration skills and a track record of interacting with technical, product, and marketing teams. You must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills, good business sense, and experience with SaaS software business and development processes.
- Manage Accela’s APIs and integration framework components to support key business objectives for growing the network of partner integrations and supporting robust application development.
- Work with key stakeholders to define business use cases, product roadmap, technical approach and strategies for pricing and revenue optimization. Be able to communicate the business value and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Be the expert in understanding the developer persona across different partner and customer organizations and how the product can best deliver value for them
- Create the revenue and usage goals that define the success of your product and build KPIs to track your success
- Work with product marketing, sales, support and delivery to ensure all teams can effectively sell and implement your product vision. Create feedback loop to gather field input and translate back to product enhancements.
- Orchestrate product execution such as gathering requirements and building product features with engineering while collecting metrics to determine success/failure of each release
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product
REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS:
- 5+ years of experience in full life-cycle Product Management
- Previous experience in enterprise software, managing products for developer personas
- Deep technical expertise in SaaS application architecture and experience in building and/or using APIs to integrate enterprise systems
- Experience defining and driving the success of partner integration and enterprise application marketplace strategies
- Proven stakeholder management skills working with a cross-functional team to influence and lead across all parts of the organization
- Proven experience working in a product driven company building a successful solution
- Previous experience presenting product vision, business results and driving collaborative discussion among large teams, to business stakeholders and executives
- Experience as a product owner in an agile environment
- Proven track record of delivering successful enterprise software or SaaS products required
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a track record of measuring and reporting key performance indicators including revenue, market adoption, margin and up-sell/cross sell
- Superior communication and presentation skills addressing large audiences
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation. #LI-CB2