Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide project and technical leadership to Software Development teams
- Collaboration with Product Management and other departments to analyze business requirements and prioritize and plan product releases
- Manage the development cycle from initiation and planning through implementation and delivery, to ensure on time, on budget, and high-quality product
- Participate in product architecture and system design
- Provide technical direction to testing team members to adherence to coding, quality, functionality, performance, scalability and on-time delivery standards
- Help analyze complex system and business requirements
- Lead, mentor and motivate team members to maximize their potential, foster innovation, boost productivity, and to deliver high quality software
- Measure & quantify software development and be able to present trade-offs to different development approaches
- Lead an agile team of developers with a focus on continuous improvement
- 3+ years of management experience in leading software development teams
- 10+ years of software development experience in cloud based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems in Java technologies
- Experience of the following is highly desirable: JAVA 1.7 & higher, messaging system, JBoss/Wildfly server, Tomcat, Linux, HTTP, SOAP/REST Web Services, XML, JSON
- Experience with Angular, TypeScript, any other JS and open source framework building scalable Cloud applications
- Experience with creating website layout/user interface using HTML5/CSS
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Knowledge of Microsoft .Net, ASP.Net MVC, C# is desirable
- Experience with Agile development methodologies Understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Good experience with Java Unit Testing Frameworks and Tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito etc
- Exposure to design and development of public facing & private REST APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Proven experience in managing development of Cloud / SaaS based enterprise software platforms.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Proven experience mentoring team members to advance them in their careers
- Proven experience in working with a geographically distributed testing team
- Experience with tools such as VSTS/JIRA, Github, Maven, Ant, Azure/AWS, Oracle/SQL Server, or NoSQL databases, TypeScript
- Strong and demonstrable experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component
- parts explore and evaluate them systematically
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match and stock plans to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation