Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Our Sr Manager, Marketing Events will manage the event planning and execution of a variety of public-facing events and meetings for Accela with the goal of driving and converting sales pipeline as well as raising Accela’s brand profile. As a marketing events strategist, you’ll be responsible for working with our internal teams, industry organizations, and external vendors to define and deliver event programs that stimulate growth. Events include tradeshows, user groups, industry / association events, seminars/road shows, field events, and especially our annual customer conference. Events are a strategic part of the marketing mix here at Accela due to our audience profile.
This role reports to Accela's Vice President, Marketing.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
The Manager, Marketing Events will direct the entire event experience for all event types ranging from event budget projections/reconciliations, site selection, vendor contracting with procurement, food and beverage selection, run of show, tracking expenses, as well as coordinating arrangements for audio visual, transportation, and other services. Additionally, this individual will partner with marketing campaign managers, product marketing, and sales event design and delivery.
If you are passionate about delivering high quality, innovative customer-centric events in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, have an ongoing commitment to partnership and collaboration, and have the ability to remain focused, professional, flexible, and open to feedback in your day-to-day work, we’d love to speak with you.
- Assist or work independently to prepare on-brand and effective trade shows, conferences and other events:
- Pre-event planning and venue selection
- F&B selection
- Event design and production
- Event promotion, audience development, and registration
- Audio visual management
- Printing and shipping materials
- Budget management
- Post-event reporting
- Partner with Marketing Programs Managers to develop audiences: including invitations, managing attendance/RSVPs, and ongoing communications
- Develop run of show and appropriate lead time to deliver the messaging/content
- Document event plans and learnings/results and make recommendations.
- Travel to events to oversee perform setup and test AV, and to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Expertly drive pre-event meetings, and event planning documentation; Build and distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event summary reports
- Track, report, and continuously optimize lead generation from events
- Lead the strategic planning and creative development of event initiatives, proactively managing all event needs from branding, agenda design, content creation, and venue selection to event execution
- Partner and collaborate with the demand generation, branding, and social marketing teams, as well as the open source community, around event promotion
- Gather and track ROI, engagement analytics and feedback to consistently assess opportunities for improvement
- Willingness and excitement to travel
Expertise you will bring (Skills):
- Experience helping drive event strategy including content/speakers.
- Experienced in vendor management/relations (i.e. selection process, negotiations, understanding of contracts, conflict resolution).
- Demonstrated experience working effectively under pressure while remaining flexible, adaptable, and open to feedback; ability to remain focused and professional during unanticipated event setbacks.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, project management, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks under tight timeframes/deadlines; ability to carry out multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Punctual, dependable, attentive to details, and dedicated to achieving operational excellence through events that meet and/or exceed attendees’ expectations.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate clear, concise information to a variety of internal/external stakeholders, vendors, etc. Ability to consult and negotiate effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to create lasting partnerships with stakeholders, colleagues, vendors, etc.
- Comfortable working with executives on planning and managing their role at events.
- Bachelors in Marketing or related field
- 5+ years of experience working with event planning/management (i.e. corporate events, conferences, tradeshows) and vendor management/relations (i.e. selection process, negotiations, understanding of contracts, conflict resolution).
- Ability to travel (20%)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite; knowledge of Marketo a plus.
- Certified Meeting Manager (CMM) and Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) strongly preferred.
- Experience with public sector audiences a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.