Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela is looking for a Business Data Analyst to join our Finance Analytics team and will be responsible for advising our product/solutions, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data related to market penetration, deal management, enterprise profitability and working capital. The ideal candidate will be very strong in master data management and governance, as well as possess extensive expertise cleansing and normalizing large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization. The candidate must have proven experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations and moreover, must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams including Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Engineering and Finance Leadership, and should be adept in translating business information into actionable decision support.
Please note: this role can be remote two to three days per week!
Impact you will make in the role: (Responsibilities)
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy and manage governance over all master files.
Expertise you will bring to the role: (Skills and Qualifications)
We’re looking for someone with 5+ years of experience manipulating data sets and delivering sustainable statistical models.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques
- Experience creating statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, etc.
- Strong experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders; PowerPoint, Power BI, Excel, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Ability to maintain an optimistic, professional and credible attitude
- Strong organized skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; operates well in cross-functional teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Up to 10% domestic travel required
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) match to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays; competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmers markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.