Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela is seeking a passionate, civic minded Senior Director SaaS Product Architect, reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, to lead our architecture team to modernize multi-tenant SaaS product Initiatives to achieve Accela’s vision of being the premier cloud service provider of government software solutions.
- Provide leadership to the Architecture team to effectively implement the Accela’s Cloud / SaaS vision.
- Set strategic direction and roadmap for the team to establish a highly structured, scalable, efficient and agile SaaS product architecture initiatives, implementations, KPI’s and customer success.
- Establish and implement best practice methodology, reference architectures, prototypes, KPI’s, processes and procedures to efficiently implement cloud services with high availability, performance, quality, API lead open architecture, and Big Data Analytical platform in order to fulfill our Service Level Agreements.
- Lead and influence modern technology adoption via Tech Talks, Hackathons, Ideation and conference presentations.
- Continually explore, evaluate and adopt advanced technologies to provide higher quality service, scalability and modern architectural standards.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Product Management, Engineering, CloudOps, Professional Service, Customer Support and Sales to ensure modernize product initiatives are implemented adhereig to KPI’s and best practices.
- Interface with Accela partners, customers to evangelize Accela’s cloud service requirements for 3rd party Integrations, API Services, Big Data Analytics and ease of configuration
- Inspire and build a top-notch cloud services team; and promote a strong, efficiency and quality focused product architectures.
- Evaluate and work with 3rd party vendors, infrastructure service providers, SI’s, vendor teams to deliver modern cloud architectural initiatives.
- Experience in hiring top talent, retention and positively influence the team with cutting-edge technology, architectural improvements.
- 10+ years of experience in SaaS, Multi-Tenant Product Architecture / cloud based enterprise software with 3+ years of Director/Senior Director level management experience.
- Succesful track record of multi-tenant saas product architecture implementations to help cross functional teams for SaaS Migration projects (migrating customers from on-prem to SaaS), monolythic applications to multi-tenant, microservices architecture for low cost, high performance deployments.
- Extensive work experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and deploying high scale applications leveraging, IAAS, PAAS services, API Gateway Services, Cloud Monitoring and Analytical platforms.
- Extensive Experience in designing API led services, Microservices, API platform services, out of the box 3rd party integrations, market place and Big Data Analytics.
- Experience in designing modern saas architecture adhereing to cyber security standards, security compliance programs such as SOC2, PCI, FISMA, HIPAA, FedRAMP and GDPR.
- Extensive experience with prevailing web technology stack: J2EE, Micro Services and BigData
- Extensive experience with application deployment, troubleshooting, production support for highly secure, large-scale, complex, distributed applications/platforms
- Fluency with Internet technologies, Web Services, Database (Oracle, SQL Server) and BigData Platforms with hand-on coding experience.
- Fluency of network elements such as firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT and server sizing/configurations.
- Proven experience in managing a geographically distributed development team and handling customer escalations, technical presentations.
- Experience with Accela applications and/or the public sector domain is a plus
- Excellent technical leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication, technical presentation and customer-facing skills
- Ability to manage department budget, resources and deliver successful projects
- Excellent organizational, analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills with KPI, process definition and improvements
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously, drive results and rapidly adapting to changing business dynamics
BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field is preferred
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays; competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.