Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Where do you fit:
As a Sustaining Support Engineer, you will work to provide support to new and existing customers with a primary focus of resolving technical issues through analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving in-bound cases. The individual hired for this role will provide thorough analysis and feedback to colleagues, peers, and customers and deliver a high level of customer service and follow up. S/He will be strongly technical and able to resolve Tier 3 cases through developed subject matter expertise in the Accela product and support challenges. S/He will be the ‘gate’ to ensure that only true bug fixes are escalated to the Engineering team.
Key responsibilities and impact you will make in the role:
- Perform analysis and troubleshooting for both SaaS and On-Premise environments
- Provides technical assistance as needed (code analysis, architecture analysis, etc.)
- Represents the voice of the customer to Engineering and Product Management
- Rigorously challenges established performance and pushes the status quo to facilitate positive change
- Provides mentoring and guidance for Frontline Support teams, regarding both technical knowledge and “soft skills”
- Takes on sensitive and/or highly critical issues that need expedited resolution
- Works with key “Platinum” customers to ensure stability and oversight.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Expertise you will bring in:
- Bachelor’s Degree or related job experience
- 5+ years of continuous software improvement experience
- Ability to interpret product architecture and system design
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages
- Strong and demonstrable experience with troubleshooting public facing & private REST APIs
- Strong and demonstrable experience developing, troubleshooting and debugging third party interfaces.
- Strong and demonstrable experience with troubleshooting Windows Server environments
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Excellent problem solving, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
Experience with the following is highly desirable:
- Java EE, C#, ASP.NET, JBoss/Wildfly server, Linux, SOAP/REST Web Services
- PL/SQL and T-SQL including cursors, stored procedures and query optimization
- Administration and performance tuning of Oracle Database Server and Microsoft SQL Server
- Good understanding of & working experience in cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays; competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.