Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
As a Principal Quality Engineer, you will be part of an agile engineering team, working with the product owner to analyze business requirements, Involved in building test strategies & integration test plans, developing test automation solutions, design and execute test suites to provide maximum test coverage, building test automation suites using open source tools and integrate these with the overall CI/CD process. You will collaborate with other engineers within the agile team to ensure that Unit, Integration, Functional, Performance and Security testing are considered for each feature and are implemented in the overall CI/CD process. You will bring to the scrum team you’re testing expertise, and the ability to empathize with customer needs together with functional knowledge of the applications.
- Involve in leading testing efforts for multiple projects and of critical issues as they arise in production environments
- Make implementation design decisions for software tools, improvements to continuous integration/ automation, and technical solutions to defects
- Participate in code reviews for automated testing projects
- Uphold and encourage the use of best practices of SDLC methodologies and code quality on the team
- Analyze technical requirements with the team to accurately determine the level of effort of projects
- Be the voice of quality within the Agile team, and escalate quality issues as and when needed
- Track project health by monitoring open defects and high-risk issues, develop and execute plans to drive them to resolution
- Identify bottlenecks within the Agile team, and develop automated testing and process solutions to remove these bottlenecks
- Develop and add automated functional and regression tests in existing test framework to increase the agile teams velocity of new feature development
- Develop automation frameworks/tools and bring in open source tools and technologies to solve automation problems
- Collaborate with QA Managers on a clear reporting mechanism for the agile team in regard to test coverage, defect density or other metrics
- Break down complex projects and delegate work to QA engineers
- Review QA documentation of other QA engineers and propose improvements
- Participate in design reviews, and review of project requirements and technical designs to provide meaningful feedback
- Collaborate with software engineering team to gain an understanding of technical project architecture
- Review QA testing infrastructure and environments that support testing efforts
- Review QA metrics to assess the effectiveness of department and identify potential areas of improvement
- Provide technical mentorship to other QA members of the team through collaboration and knowledge sharing
Expertise you will bring in:
- Strong experience of Web/Mobile/API testing
- Experience of different types of testing, such as Functional, Integration, Security, Performance and know when to apply these
- Strong knowledge and understanding of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches and able to communicate these to others
- Experience with SAAS deployment; manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environment
- Strong understanding in Web technologies and experience in development languages such as Java or C#
- Hands on experience in building test automation scripts, frameworks and test harness solutions using open source tools like Selenium and Appium
- Solid understanding of SQL and API testing experience doing data quality testing with large data sets
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in fast paced Agile environments with working knowledge of Scrum principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of Source Control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins
- Ability audit existing processes and tooling and build improvement roadmaps
- Experience of mentoring and leading other QA Engineers
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and responsible paid time off
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.