Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting, service request, and inspection solutions, with more than 20 years of experience. We offer cloud based Civic Applications and a robust, scalable solutions platform informed by industry best practices. In short, Accela helps governments innovate, so they can improve the business and citizen experience, promoting community development and creating an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
At Accela, employees enjoy a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Develop an in-depth understanding of your defined customers’ software delivery environment
- Provide proactive best practice guidance, planning & recommendations for the overall technical health of the customer’s Accela solution
- Be a voice of the customer and advocate for their specific needs with our Product, Engineering, Sales & Customer Success teams
- Co-ordinate communications with all required stakeholders on high priority issues
- Conduct regular scheduled communications with customers to review overall customer health, proactively identify issues, and provide information and education on best practices & new releases
- Identify potential expansion opportunities to further the value that customer gets from their Accela solution
- Respond to technical concerns ensuring a smooth implementation and launch of Accela
- Collaborate closely with our Sales team when additional revenue opportunities are proposed into your customers
- Willingness to travel (up to 75%)
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in a related curriculum
- 5+ years in a technical relationship type role
- Strong understanding of Customer Service processes, including training, quality assurance, workforce management, etc.
- Exceptional execution skills and the ability to think big
- An understanding of technical account management and customer life-cycles
- Experience working directly with customers and end users, specifically working with enterprise technical staff
- Ability to learn and master new technologies with a technical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven track record in building excellent working relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team
- Strong communication and people skills
- Flexibility with the ability to quickly adjust to new demands
- Great mediation skills, ability to manage escalations and resolve conflicts. Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management. Innovative, passionate, self-propelled and results-driven leader with a "can do" attitude
- Team-player: proven ability to work across functions such as Sales, Product Management, and Engineering
- Experience in the public sector
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Accela is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work; we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.