Who is Accela:
Accela is the industry pioneer in government licensing, permitting and regulatory solutions. We have more than 20 years of govtech experience and offer fast-to-implement Civic Applications and a robust and extensible solutions platform informed by industry best practices. Accela was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification, is consistently featured as one of the leading GovTech 100 companies, and is ranked on the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies.
We help governments innovate so they can improve business and citizen outcomes, promote community development, ensure public safety and trust, and create an environment where citizens and businesses thrive.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for thousands of governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Where you fit:
In the role of Technical Account Manager you will work directly with defined customers, providing personalized service to effectively become an extension of their technical teams. Your mandate will be to ensure customers achieve the most value from their Accela solutions as their needs evolve and identifying potential issues of concern for the customer before they arise. In this role you will engage with customers to accelerate adoption of features, increase and sustain product usage and facilitate a positive feedback loop between Accela and the customer to meet their future technology needs.
Using your project management skills, organizational skills, expertise and attention to detail you will develop a strong relationship with technical counterparts within the customer organization. In providing senior level technical and relationship expertise, you will act as the primary point of technical contact, coordinating with Support, Professional Services, Sales, Product and Engineering teams to effectively manage the technical customer relationship.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Develop an in-depth understanding of your defined customers’ software delivery environment
- Provide proactive best practice guidance, planning & recommendations for the overall technical health of the customer’s Accela solution
- Be a voice of the customer and advocate for their specific needs with our Product, Engineering, Sales & Customer Success teams
- Co-ordinate communications with all required stakeholders on high priority issues
- Conduct regular scheduled communications with customers to review overall customer health, proactively identify issues, and provide information and education on best practices & new releases
- Identify potential expansion opportunities to further the value that customer gets from their Accela solution
- Respond to technical concerns ensuring a smooth implementation and launch of Accela
- Collaborate closely with our Sales team when additional revenue opportunities are proposed into your customers
- Willingness to travel (30%+)
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in a related curriculum
- 5+ years in a technical relationship type role
- Strong understanding of Customer Service processes, including training, quality assurance, workforce management, etc.
- Exceptional execution skills and the ability to think big
- An understanding of technical account management and customer lifecycles
- Experience working directly with customers and end users, specifically working with enterprise technical staff
- Ability to learn and master new technologies with a technical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven track record in building excellent working relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team
- Strong communication and people skills
- Flexibility with the ability to quickly adjust to new demands
- Great mediation skills, ability to manage escalations and resolve conflicts. Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management. Innovative, passionate, self-propelled and results-driven leader with a "can do" attitude
- Team-player: proven ability to work across functions such as Sales, Product Management, and Engineering
- Experience in the public sector
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive RTO (Responsible Time Off)
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.