Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela is seeking an outstanding lawyer with 4+ years’ legal experience to join our growing legal team based in San Ramon, California. The Corporate Counsel will support our highly valued and rapidly growing customer-base transactions & partner deals, including all renewal transactions as well as expansion transactions for new product offerings. This lawyer’s primary responsibility will be to support the customer-base sales team while partnering effectively with the deal management team, sales operations and legal operations.
Impact you will make in the role: (Responsibilities)
- Negotiate and draft a high volume of complex technology transactions, including renewals and expansion transactions and a variety of other commercial contracts, including data processing agreements, professional services agreements, assignments and amendments, and partner deals.
- Develop and implement legal efficiencies to support the customer base business vertical and improve our contract processes and operations
- Improve and create contract templates and negotiation playbooks and provide internal training to sales, sales operations and legal operations
- Work closely with leadership, sales, deals management and legal operations on strategic initiatives in support of all business verticals and customer facing transactions
- Provide proactive strategic advice regarding business and legal issues and risks
Expertise you will bring to the role: (Skills and Qualifications)
- 4+ years of law firm and/or in-house legal work experience with a recognized technology company, with at least 4 years focused on negotiation of significant technology transactions
- JD from a recognized U.S. law school and license to practice in California
- Specific experience in a SaaS, cloud computing, enterprise software and data privacy is highly valued
- Adept at interacting effectively in a highly customer satisfaction focused environment
- Adept at partnering with sales colleagues in fast paced customer facing transactions, demonstrated competencies as a critical thinker and proactive problem solver, with a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to get into the details and drive creative solutions
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple transactions and projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Demonstrated exceptional judgment and integrity with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice appropriately weighing legal and business objectives
- Strong leadership ability, including outstanding influence and communication skills
- A strong team player who can work well with business colleagues in sales, deals management, product, finance and other functional groups
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) match to all employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays; competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmers markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.