Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where do you fit:
You’ve probably been coding since you were a kid and/or have always had projects on the side of your main job. Ideally you come from a startup or have experience working with startups. If you have spent time in the corporate world you most likely held a position that involved new technologies, innovation or did something untraditional or are really keen on trying something new.
As a technical leader, you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and support of critical features and components to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s hybrid mobile applications, while coaching and nurturing engineers on your team. You will be the technical leader of Accela’s mobile applications and will play a key part in every aspect of the application life cycles.
You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
So, if you looking to join a collaborative, close-knit team, drop us a line. You might be a perfect fit!
This position is based out of our newly created product development center in Dublin and will provide many opportunities for advancement and professional growth. You will help build high performing teams from grounds-up and help create a culture of collaboration, team work and quality deliverables on a consistent basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide project and technical leadership to a Software Development team
- Collaboration with Product Management and other departments to analyze business requirements and prioritize and plan product releases
- Manage the development cycle from initiation and planning through implementation and delivery, to ensure on time, on budget, and high-quality product
- Participate in product architecture and system design
- Provide technical direction to testing team members to adherence to coding, quality, functionality, performance, scalability and on-time delivery standards
- Hands on development. 80% development and 20% management
- Help analyze complex system and business requirements
- Lead, mentor and motivate team members to maximize their potential, foster innovation, boost productivity, and to deliver high quality software
- Measure & quantify software development and be able to present tradeoffs to different development approaches
- Lead an agile team of developers with a focus on continuous improvement
- 3+ years of management experience in leading software development teams
- 7+ years of software development experience in mobile development including hybrid, preferably Ionic, Android, and iOS (Swift and Objective-C)
- Proven experience in managing development of hybrid mobile applications for enterprise customers
- Experience in secure coding practices
- Exposure to design and development of public facing & private REST APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Proven experience mentoring team members to advance them in their careers
- Strong and demonstrable experience working in continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (CICD)
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers across organizations (QA, Development, PM, UX, etc)
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Central Dublin Office Location
- 25 vacation days
- Ireland Standard Holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Supplemental Healthcare Package
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.