Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Springbrook is a division of Accela, providing cloud-based software solutions to local governments for utility billing, payments, payroll and finance with over 500 customers across the country.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Why Accela and Springbrook:
Accela and Springbrook offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Springbrook is currently seeking an Sr. Product Manager -(Payment Experience is required) based in our Portland office.
Product Management is charged with being the customer’s voice within Accela and develops an understanding of what our customers will need now and in the future. Be a key contributor in the development and growth of Accela’s transformative financial solutions for local governments that enable mission critical processes to be more productive. Your experience will be brought to life in Business Cases, Concepts, Product Roadmaps, MRD development and in interactions with senior management, engineering, sales, support, marketing and with partners and customers. This position requires proven communication and collaboration skills and a track record of interacting with technical, product, and marketing teams. You must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills, good business sense, and experience with software business and development processes.
- Experience with Payment Systems
- Manage products through their life cycle
- Develop the product road-map based on data driven decisions to articulate the unique value proposition based on a deep understanding of the product domain and customer requirements
- Create the goals that define the success of your product and build data-based cases for your decisions
- Collect and build standardized KPI targets to drive achievement of key metrics for your product across the company
- Responsible for the overall business planning of your product in a cross-functional environment
- Lead efforts to continually improve product, process, and people to better serve your product’s fit in the market by partnering with sales, engineering, support, and delivery
- Orchestrate product execution such as gathering requirements and building product features with engineering while collecting metrics to determine success/failure of each release
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product
REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience in full life-cycle Product Management
- Previous experience in enterprise level human capital management, financial systems software and/or workflow or compliance software
- Proven stakeholder management skills working with a cross-functional team to influence and lead across all parts of the organization
- Proven experience working in a product driven company building a revenue model based on competitive market strategies and positioning
- Previous experience presenting product vision, business results and driving collaborative discussion among large teams, to business stakeholders and executives
- Experience as a scrum master/product owner in an agile environment
- Previous years experience in software engineering or technical software role strongly preferred
- Proven track record of delivering successful enterprise software or SaaS products required
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a track record of measuring and reporting key performance indicators including revenue, market adoption, margin and up-sell/cross sell
- Superior communication and presentation skills addressing large audiences
- ~20% Travel
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.