For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
This corporate affairs leadership role is responsible for developing and implementing the ACADIA content strategy for our digital and social channels, including the development of communications plans that support ACADIA business goals. As the protector and purveyor of the ACADIA brand you will direct all corporate social and digital channels, working closely with key functions like patient advocacy, marketing and commercial. Will connect ACADIA stakeholders with our mission and products with a blend of strategy, creative, execution and rigorous measurement.
Will have the opportunity to serve as the content strategist, creator and editor for digital and social platforms including the company website, social media, videos and other. This includes coordinating and scheduling digital content and planned social media posts as well as monitoring and responding to comments, questions, and other engagement opportunities in social media. This position reports to the Vice President, Corporate Communications.
- Direct the planning, development and execution of comprehensive corporate social and digital programs, including key messaging and storytelling and integrated engagement activities for priority stakeholder audiences
- Ensure corporate digital and social channels are continuously refreshed and consistent with brand guidelines and adhering to evolving global and local regulatory and compliance standards
- Advise on projects and suggest strategies to both maintain corporate brand and spread ACADIA awareness with the targeted stakeholders
- Produce dynamic, engaging content and campaigns that drive stakeholder understanding of the ACADIA mission and purpose
- Assess and activate influencers and determine the need for other platforms or tools (for example, paid)
- Plan and manage the corporate editorial calendar for digital platforms; activate new social platforms aligned to ACADIA’s business objectives
- Lead strategy and design of a new corporate website by working cross-functionally and collaborating with all users of the corporate website; create additional sites, as necessary
- Deploy listening tools to proactively monitor online conversations and sentiment related to the corporate brand
- Analyze and report key digital/social performance metrics and use those insights to inform content, channel and issues management strategies
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s current business and portfolio including business goals, strategies and market challenges
- Help leverage digital technology/communications as needed for media relations and issues/crises management
- Work closely with IT, commercial leadership, commercial digital strategy, and project teams who are responsible for other internal/external websites and social channels to align on processes and tools, and integrate efforts, as necessary
- Stay current with evolving digital and social trends helping to shape new internal/external policies, processes or approaches to content management, dissemination and measurement
- Relevant degree and 10-15 years of integrated communications experience with a passion for building and implementing best-in-class digital and social communications practices
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical, health care, or life sciences industries, including understanding of digital/social media regulatory guidance and privacy globally
- Experience in global product launches, including disease state and patient education programs
- Issues management expertise, including experience in social advocacy and issue campaigns, as well as media relations
- A superb writer and digital content strategist/creator with a pulse on current technology and digital/social media best practices (including SEO) that drive innovative, modern corporate communications
- Ability to think strategically about the development and execution of integrated digital programs
- Passionate about the constantly changing world of media with ability to drive thought leadership company-wide
- Knowledgeable about the intersection of earned, owned and paid media
- Experience with content management systems
- Ability to partner effectively at all levels of the organization
- Flexibility in handling workflow in an ambiguous, time sensitive, multi-tasking environment
- Willingness to set strategy and long-range plans while driving outcomes in a hands-on manner
- Serve as a member of the Corporate Affairs leadership team, actively contributing to strategic planning, and strengthening of the function’s capabilities
- Establish and evolve processes and standards to guide the work of corporate affairs function ensuring compliance with company policies and industry regulations
- Manage budget and other allocated resources; identify, select and manage agency partners and other vendors to support various communications needs
Establishes strategic plans for designated functions and participates with others in management to align objectives across the organization. Develops methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area and related organizational objectives.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity