For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
This role will be a key member of the financial planning and analysis team in acting as the financial business partner to the Research and Development (R&D), Medical Affairs, and Technical Development and Operations (TD&O) organizations. Responsible for generating meaningful reporting and analytics and being able to effectively communicate those findings across all levels of the organization to drive strong financial decision making. Key areas will include maintaining and deeply understanding the clinical trial cost forecast, preparing periodic reporting, executing recurring planning processes, interacting with various functional business partners, and having proficiency in corporate financial systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the clinical trial cost forecasts for all ongoing and planned studies working closely with clinical operations team, utilizing a deep understanding of activity based cost drivers
- Support clinical outsourcing and strategic sourcing teams to proactively highlight vendor risks and opportunities and partake in CRO selection process and governance meetings
- Develop, maintain, and deliver standard expense and headcount reporting and variance analysis to functional business partners and Finance leadership team, driving continuous improvement in forecasting and reporting deliverables
- Manage the coordination and consolidation of R&D, Medical Affairs, and TD&O expense forecasts for all recurring planning processes (rolling forecasts, annual operating plans, long range plan, etc.)
- Act as integrated business partner with R&D, Medical Affairs, and TD&O organizations, providing thought leadership and analysis for ongoing business initiatives (go/no go decisions, scenario analysis, payback periods, project post mortems, regulatory reporting, etc.)
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure GAAP compliance and adherence to Company policies and procedures as well as reasonableness of accruals
- Understand corporate financial systems in order to effectively perform planning and analysis
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. MBA preferred. Targeting 5+ years of experience in a financial planning and analysis role, business partnering or other finance area, ideally with experience in healthcare. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
Key candidate qualities:
- Experience working closely with clinical organizations
- High level of intellectual curiosity, with ability to work independently and solve complex problems
- Excellent financial analysis skills and ability to translate analyses into sound strategic recommendations
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of reliable, detailed and accurate work product
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects and deliver quality results within tight time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation skills, and MS Office proficiency
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of financial reporting, forecasting and planning applications a plus
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) a plus
Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area objectives and their impact on, and interaction with, other functions within the organization. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, or company operations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity