For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
This role will support the development and implementation of ACADIA’s investor relations strategy and objectives, reporting directly to the Vice President of Investor Relations. This includes supporting drafting of press releases, quarterly earnings materials and presentations for the investment community. The Associate Director will monitor business trends, peer companies, consensus estimates and shareholder ownership. To perform these activities, this individual will need to collaborate across multiple functional areas in the company across different time zones.
- Further develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive strategic plan for investor relations that helps ensure a sustainable, fair valuation of the company and understanding of the company’s strategy with both the sell-side and buy-side.
- Work as part of a multi-functional team focused on building a comprehensive and best-in-class investor relations and corporate affairs function. This unique position will require the candidate to build strong relationships across the organization and support the development and communication of ACADIA messaging externally.
- Maintain close relationships with key investors and analysts.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business and understanding of Regulation Fair Disclosure requirements in order to prepare external responses by the IR department and senior management.
- Assist in the preparation and development of investor and corporate-orientated materials, including quarterly earnings releases, conference call scripts, fact sheets, corporate and IR website updates, investor presentations, Q&A, talking points and other associated materials.
- Monitor, analyze, and summarize analyst models and notes to understand investment community expectations and key assumptions.
- Research and monitor competitor, regulatory, and broader external environment to understand potential impact.
- Support maintenance of the corporate communications calendar and coordination of all aspects of the company’s participation in external events, including investor days, roadshows, conferences, and investor meetings and calls.
- Assist with preparation for Investor Relations content for Board of Directors meetings.
- Complete ad-hoc projects and reports as needed.
Bachelor degree in finance, business or science. A minimum 10 years’ progressively responsible experience of related work experience, preferably with experience in investor relations, corporate communications and/or equity research. Pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or related industry experience required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Foundation of financial acumen, including corporate finance, capital markets, business analytics.
- Demonstrated abilities to execute on plans.
- Ability to work with complex and sensitive information under pressure.
- Ability to build coalitions, act with tact and integrity, and interface with a variety of individuals in a positive and productive manner.
- High level of intellectual curiosity and strong desire to play an active role in broader business initiatives.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Assists with the establishment of strategic plans for designated functions and may participate with others in management to align objectives across the organization. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data require an in-depth knowledge of functional areas and related organizational objectives. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, or company operations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car of airplane independently up to 30% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues. Some overnight travel.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity