For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
This position is responsible for ensuring the delivery of daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/ad-hoc integrations within ACADIA’s internal Data Warehouse(s) and external systems. The position will work with Managed Service partners and other internal team members as needed to coordinate these activities.
Will participate and lead the analysis and resolution of issues related to information flow and content with our Business Customers, IT management, and staff. Develop expertise with ACADIA’s integration tools and reporting environments. You will support day to day operational activities and at times participate in project related work.
- Understand and document business requirements and processes.
- Function as the primary point of contact related to the day-to-day execution of Master Data Management (MDM) related tasks.
- Work to answer questions, resolve data issues and provide analysis.
- Conduct data investigations across multiple integrated systems.
- Review and analyze source data and ensure data accuracy and integrity. Guide and advise data analysts to implement process and system improvements to enhance integrity and accuracy of master data.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their available data, optimize associated data model and create business insights.
- Supports and performs master data additions, changes and deletions in accordance with procedures and business rules as needed for day-to-day operations.
- Ensure requests for master data maintenance are properly authorized and approved by working with appropriate Data Managers and Data Owners.
- Educate users on master data processes and business rules.
- Review reports and performance indicators to locate and correct data and processes where needed.
- Serve as the SME on master data.
- Execute change management and creation of other supporting documentation for integrations.
- At times, extract, transform, and load data into Enterprise Systems and Reporting tools.
- Ad Hoc Report creation as needed.
- Participate in business process re-engineering activities, as applicable.
- Participate in system integration testing and data verification.
- Document all procedures related to position.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered. A minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry—ideally, supporting data services/integration, data warehousing, and business intelligence.
- Experience with Master Data Management principles.
- Experience utilizing an SDLC approach.
- Knowledge of typical text-based file formats and tools to manipulate these ad-hoc data files.
- Proficiency using SQL to query data residing in a database.
- Ability to act as “technical translator” between IT and business groups.
- Ability to explain complex data to all levels of data consumers.
- Ability to handle a variety of task at one time.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment and have good communication, organization and documentation skills.
- Enjoy working with end users.
- Data warehousing experience.
- Pharmaceutical experience.
- Experience with ETL tools and methods.
- Experience with dimensional database models.
- Experience with Reltio or another MDM platform.
- Experience with launch of a new pharmaceutical product.
- Experience with cloud-based databases and applications.
Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways, exercising independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity