For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
This role will support payer strategy development, lead payer resource development and the promotional review process of unbranded and branded payer marketing materials, while ensuring alignment with HEOR/Medical Affairs, Marketing, and Patient Support Services and all other cross functional teams. This role will also assist with strategy and tactics to support Market Development, Pricing, Trade/Distribution, and the broader A&R team.
This individual will be responsible for leading the planning and execution of specific promotional activities and tactics, including facilitating vendor contracts and managing project budgets, as well as account and field-based market access training, tools, and resource development. These efforts will require cross-functional coordination with A&R, Market Access, Marketing, Sales, Managed Markets, HEOR/Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, and external customers.
- Support US market access strategies which include identification of key market issues and opportunities, critical success factors and brand strategies, key tactical programs and product positioning and messaging with both payer and Integrated Delivery Network/Centers of Excellence customers.
- Work collaboratively with Advocacy, Managed Markets, Market Development, HEOR/Medical Affairs, Sales, and Marketing to ensure alignment with overall access and commercial strategy and implementation of pull and push through programs.
- Support annual commercial brand planning activities relating to Managed Markets and/or Market Development team deliverables and budget request.
- In collaboration with supervisor, HEOR/Medical Affairs, Managed Markets and Market Development teams, develop annual Managed Markets and Market Development strategic and tactical plans, including identification of key issues and opportunities, strategies and critical success factors, tactics/materials, ROI, and budget.
- Identify Managed Markets and Market Development market research needs, align on market research plans with Market Research team and/or identified vendors to translate findings into access and commercial strategies.
- Evaluate market access performance against budget to ensure a cost-effective allocation of resources and appropriate management reporting, implementing metrics to evaluate use and impact of materials created.
- Responsible for representing A&R team’s Managed Markets and Market Development materials including print and digital materials in Medical/Legal/Regulatory approval process, obtaining approval.
- Facilitate training for the Managed Markets and Market Development teams with support from vendor(s) and/or ACADIA training team. Track roll-out of key deliverables and coordinate follow-on training and/or support materials, as needed.
- Identification of and input into the selection of all vendors/agencies and their successful and effective management.
- Active and consistent participation in cross-functional Lifecycle Management, Business Development, and Marketing initiatives to ensure access and affordability perspectives are considered and reviewed in planning and development of portfolio.
- Ensures that all actions, and those of the team, both internally and through vendors working on ACADIA’s behalf, are in compliance with all laws, regulations, policies and demonstrate ACADIA values.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in marketing, business, health policy, scientific or related field; advanced degree or MBA preferred. Eight (8) years of payer marketing, access, managed markets, market development, and/or account management experience in a US pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical organization. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered. Experience in CNS, rare disease, and pharmacy benefit products is ideal. Experience in product launches and with products in limited distribution model strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated capabilities in the areas of strategic thinking, initiative, problem solving and creativity with experience effectively applying those skills to product positioning and messaging.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the drug development, regulatory review and commercialization processes for specialty products, including limited distribution.
- Experience in successfully operating in a multi-function commercial organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; presentation skills are required along with strong project and process management capabilities.
- Strong team-orientation with the ability to influence, lead, negotiate and work effectively at all levels in a matrixed and multi-cultural environment; able to maintain a consistent focus on ensuring strategic alignment for commercial success.
- Track record of successfully defining market issues and opportunities and developing successful marketing campaigns.
- Able to effectively represent the commercial perspective during Medical/Regulatory/Legal review of promotional/external facing materials with experience using Veeva Vault PromoMats.
- High degree of customer focus.
- Consistently demonstrates enthusiasm, confidence, and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, as well as prioritizes effectively to meet individual, team and company goals.
Drawing on broad experience, can utilize professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues. Exercise judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity