For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
Responsible for developing and overseeing strategic programs in relation to the organization’s commercial efforts in the areas of sales performance metrics, sales force sub-national commercial analytics and insights, sales headcount and budget resources, incentive compensation, CRM, fleet, sampling, field communications, and vendor management. Leads operations initiatives to support sales engagement and performance. Ensures cross-functional collaboration and strategic alignment to commercial and business objectives.
- Establishes and manages a business plan for Commercial Insights, Analytics & Operations (CIAO), reflecting clear alignment with the Commercial organization’s strategic priorities.
- Acts as key point of contact for Commercial Sales team including the Area Sales Directors, Regional Sales Managers.
- Executes key activities within Commercial Operations, including but not limited to:
- Territory Alignment - Leads efforts with direction of area and regional team leads to update territory alignment utilizing a vendor or mapping software.
- Call Plan Development - leads call planning process and ensures timely roll out to the field.
- Sales Effectiveness Metrics – Works with senior leadership and IT to execute series of dashboards to effectively manage the business.
- Commercial Field Size and Structure – Works with commercial leadership team to determine optimum size and structure based on lifecycle management activities and new product opportunities.
- Incentive Compensation (IC) – Collaborates with sales director, CIAO to manage IC Program with IC Governance Committee. Partners with vendor to provide plan design and administration that is both motiving for the sales force and aligns with the business goals.
- Master Data Management & Data Governance - In conjunction with IT, ensures the system and processes are in place to ensure a clean customer master.?.
- CRM (Veeva) – In conjunction with IT and Sales Operations, ensures that the system is deployed in an effective and efficient manner. Ensures input to the vendor and take advantage of new functionality for competitive advantage.
- ID 20.20 - Responsible for the IQ 20.20 implementation strategy and ensures that deadlines are met while meeting the needs of field sales.
- Oversees and manages the ACADIA fleet program for all drivers.
- Oversees sales operations team that creates and maintain an effective field communication program with sales management and specialists to ensure company strategy is executed.
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with Finance/Procurement to optimize the financial management of key functional areas.
- Maintains Weekly Execution Dashboards; and collaborates with Commercial Execution Lead to develop and launch.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or related field; MBA highly desirable; Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a variety of progressively responsible Sales & Marketing positions including 3 years in Commercial or Sales Operations and a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role with a combination of the following:
- Experience utilizing Veeva to achieve Sales Operations goals.
- Prior experience successfully realigning territories utilizing software systems and creating dashboards that yield effective data.
- Prior experience in participating in planning incentive compensation.
- Successful management of master data files.
- Experience with fleet program management and administration.
- Ability to develop field communication programs.
- Experience with effective utilization of samples, sample programs and PDMA compliance.
- Commercial Operations management and leadership experience.
- Knowledge of data aggregation tools, industry physician level data, IQ 20.20 or similar analytics platforms.
- Experience in sales and sales leadership, including multi-channel sales such as LTC, Specialty, and IDN’s.
- Strong service-oriented mindset.
- Knowledge of best practices, business processes and commercial systems.
- Insightful understanding of regulatory, legal and medical requirements for pharmaceutical marketing.
- Comprehensive understanding of best practice across the pharmaceutical industry.
- Skilled in creating and implementing business plans which align with the organization’s strategy.
- Business planning and budgeting acumen.
- Ability to manage and optimize vendor relationships.
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills with the ability to influence without authority and successfully partner with cross-functional teams, senior leaders and business partners.
- Team player with strong self-awareness and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and open to an environment of change.
- Proficient at creating and communicating a clear vision among team members effectively aligning resources and activities to achieve functional area and/or organizational goals.
Establishes strategic plans for designated function(s). Develops methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area and related organizational objectives. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional area and may impact the long term success of the Company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity