Seeking talent near: San Diego, CA
For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
Responsible for creating and maintaining commercial field Patient Access and Market Development training capabilities and the resources necessary for employee development during initial on-boarding and on a continuing basis. It is critical that this individual become the subject matter expert for the teams’ rules of engagement, new initiatives and overall operations and processes in order to develop and maintain best in class learning programs. Collaborating and partnering with other members of the Commercial Effectiveness and Training (CET) team, marketing, and field leadership in order to assess the needs of our organization, support key tactics that will ultimately enable continued operational excellence for the Patient Access Manager (PAM) and Market Development Manager (MDM) teams.
- Develops and maintains MDM and PAM training curriculum from the on-boarding processes, new hire training, new initiatives and processes and refresher training to meet the current and emerging needs of the PAM and MDM field employees.
- Responsible for the development, updating and implementation of all training modules, content and programs that are appropriate for field commercial employees.
- Creates training materials in a variety of learning formats (i.e. instructor lead, virtual, hands-on, e-learning, etc.) that enhance the learning process; including study guides, home study materials, mock scenarios, PowerPoint, assessments, frequently asked questions, competitive overviews, etc. and works with leadership and HR on follow-up and corrective action as appropriate.
- Leads the training of PAM and MDM commercial employees in all settings including 1:1 face to face and virtual meetings, conference calls, classroom, etc.
- Gathers and analyzes data from direct field observations, focus groups, marketing partners, field leadership and other methods to identify potential training gaps and suggests areas for improvement that will enhance their skills and achieve the goals for the PAM and MDM teams.
- Manages the training of field employees on field-related tools (ie. Veeva CRM, Concur, etc.).
- Works with corporate compliance and/or our compliance agency partner to ensure commercial field market access employees are trained and up-to-date on policies and procedures that affect their respective functional areas.
Field Leadership Support
- Works with field leadership to plan meetings from a content and agenda standpoint.
- Works cross-functionally to gather feedback on training needs and develops necessary meeting workshops to meet those needs.
- Works with field leadership to facilitate management-level “train-the-trainer” sessions.
Bachelor’s degree (science or business preferred) or equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered. MBA preferred. A minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in Pharmaceutical or Medical Sales, Patient Access, Market Development and Learning & Development. A focus on Neuroscience, Long-Term Care and Account Management preferred. Requires prior pharmaceutical experience, and vendor and contract management. Experience with product launches, Patient Access and Market Development is highly desired.
- Excellent facilitation skills with small and large groups in virtual and in-person.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Proven ability in creating effective learning & development materials.
- Proven application of adult learning principles.
- Proven history of expertise and ongoing learning in area of responsibility.
- Experience in launching a product (Sales, Market Access and/or Learning & Development) is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and accountable to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- History of intellectual curiosity.
- Humble confidence.
- Organization, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Strong project management and vendor management experience.
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to comply with strict policy, work in a highly regulated environment and maintain confidential information and data.
- Skilled at negotiating with business partners or management and influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Proficient at creating and communicating a clear vision among team members effectively aligning resources and activities to achieve functional area and/or organizational goals.
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight.
Establishes strategic plans for designated function(s). Develops methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area and related organizational objectives. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional area and may impact the long term success of the Company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 50% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity