Seeking talent near: Denver, CO
For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
Provide expert field-based access and reimbursement support, responsible for serving as a dedicated point of contact to healthcare providers for their on-label Nuplazid access related questions in assigned geographic territory. The role acts as an integral liaison between Healthcare Professions (HCP), specialty pharmacies, payers, patients and HUB resources. The PAM is a non-promotional role within ACADIA.
- Subject matter expert in preventing and addressing access and reimbursement issues through education and problem-solving
- Educate healthcare providers and patients on navigating the patient access process
- Proactively work with assigned HCP accounts to build and maintain Nuplazid access related knowledge with office support staff
- Work seamlessly and in coordination with ACADIA customer support services, specialty pharmacies, and other field teams while supporting patient access
- Escalate local payer issues to national account managers
- Condense complex issues into simple solutions by working with cross-functional peers to improve the customer experience, educate providers on access and reimbursement requirements, coverage status, and payer appeals requirements, processes and timelines
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of ACADIA Customer Support Programs and serve as the expert in assigned territory
- In-service to HCPs offices on all aspects of the prescription process including but not limited to; prior authorization requirements, specialty pharmacies and patient resources
- Provide partnership with cross functional colleagues to address individual HCP needs
- Communicate directly with patients and caregivers, when appropriate, to navigate and clarify access process
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience in Pharmaceutical Sales, Access, National Accounts, Specialty Pharmacy, Nursing, etc., with extensive experience and technical expertise associated with access and reimbursement; MBA is a plus. Medicare expertise strongly preferred with a strong background and understanding of field environment in healthcare industry. Equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- Track record of increased responsibilities
- Strong history of successful cross functional collaboration
- Demonstrated success in leading without authority
- Product Launch experience preferred
- Experience working with provider offices such as a physician practice, patient assistance programs, or similar pharmaceutical support program strongly preferred
- Patient-centric and service-oriented mindset
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Must display a patient-centric mentality with a high degree of emotional intelligence and empathy
- Empathetic listening skills in order to interact effectively with customers
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Understand HIPAA rules and regulations related to patient privacy
- Strong written and verbal communications as well as presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to manage expenses within allocated budgets
- Adaptable and open to an environment of change
- Must be a fast learner, flexible, adjust quickly, and able to work independently
- Strong enthusiasm with a drive to succeed within a team
- Ability to travel up to 80%
Selects methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area objectives and their impact on, and interaction with, other functions within the organization. Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity