For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
A skilled, certified Workday expert will help our People and Performance (P&P) organization with on-going functionality, process improvement & efficiencies, and operational reporting. This position partner will partner with the IT team to bridge business requirements from the end user to functional implementation of solutions. Identify and recommend configurations changes that help maintain the system’s integrity and maximize functionality. This position will develop, execute and support complex, multidisciplinary projects to meet business needs.
- Provide on-going functional support of Workday HCM Core, Compensation, Performance Management, Reporting, and Talent Development modules.
- Identify, evaluate, and make recommendations regarding enhancements to improve system functionality and effectiveness, including impact(s) to other related processes and systems.
- Develop documentation and provide training to colleagues and users; work in conjunction with Talent Development group as needed.
- Develop customized reports that meet organizational and client requirements.
- Assist with development and data gathering relating to EEO, AA, Vets-100 and other compliance-related reporting and projects.
- Collaborate with P&P team and other functional departments to understand, research and resolve business needs.
- Ensure ongoing functionality of third-party systems integrations (such as ADP and Greenhouse).
- Provide recommendations and guidance for process improvements and scalability for organizational growth.
- Provide on-going end-user support, hands-on support and mentoring to colleagues and customers.
- Identify, test and resolve system or process issues, in collaboration with our IT support organization.
- Participate in related projects as needed in support of People and Performance.
- BS or higher in Business, Computer Science or related field from an accredited college, and a minimum of 8 years of Workday-specific related support and project experience.
- Workday certification in HCM Core, Compensation and Advanced Compensation required. Certification in Performance and Talent Development strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience integrating and maintaining Workday with other systems (such as ADP and Greenhouse).
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of OUS data requirements and related privacy laws.
- Experience using various enterprise systems and technology with an understanding of broad data/information flow.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve user problems and educate users on resolutions.
- Ability to understand and identify business needs and translate those to practical solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated success in working and communicating with internal clients at all levels and appropriate to their level of skill and understanding.
Provide guidance to achieve goals in accordance with established policies and to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions; determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Works on issues of diverse scope which require evaluation of a variety of factors and an understanding of functional area objectives and trends. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and impact the short-term goals of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity