For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
Responsible for planning, development and maintenance of scientific communication content for use by Medical Information and Medical Science Liaison teams as well as providing operational and scientific support for key strategic Medical Affairs initiatives.
- Develops a medical content plan focused on Medical Affairs customer facing roles such as Medical Information Call Center and Medical Science Liaisons
- Provides strategic advice and guidance on projects, develops documents with high quality scientific content and review outputs developed internally or externally for scientific accuracy and completeness
- Leads medical content generation in collaboration with Medical Information Lead to develop frequently asked questions as well as standard response letters for use by medical information call center to respond to customer queries
- Leads medical content generation in collaboration with MSL Training Lead to develop MSL Slide Decks for proactive or reactive scientific exchange
- Leads medical content generation used for MSL and inhouse Medical Affairs team training and development
- Maintains understanding of product knowledge and labeling, associated disease states, relevant literature, treatment guidelines, competitor information, and medical strategies and tactics for assigned therapeutic area(s)
- Develops and maintains a library system that ensures medical content is current and easily accessible
- Develops, owns and manages Medical digital asset management process/library and system
- Develops and maintains a Medical Reference Library as well as maintains Medical digital asset management system to ensure references are up-to-date and linked to materials as appropriate
- Develops and regularly reports on key performance indicators surrounding the medical content use
- Ensures adherence to timelines for submission of material into the Medical Review Committee review system
- Effectively prioritizes content plan during times of high volume balancing competing objectives to ensure deliverables are on time with high quality
Advanced degree, PharmD or PhD in a scientific discipline. Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience in industry with medical writing experience may be considered. A minimum of 5 plus years' progressively responsible experience in the pharmaceutical industry in medical affairs, medical communications, medical information, scientific affairs or similar area, or completion of a pharmaceutical industry fellowship. Previous experience in neurology or psychiatry preferred.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions; determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Works on issues of diverse scope which require evaluation of a variety of factors and an understanding of functional area objectives and trends. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and impact the short-term goals of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity