Seeking talent near: San Diego, CA
For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
Lead corporate advocacy interface with select regional and local patient advocacy groups and select regional medical societies to advance ACADIA’s business objectives in current and future therapeutic areas, patient communities and geographies. Responsible for building a strategic plan for identifying and strengthening relationships, developing partnerships, collaborations and continuing to position ACADIA as a thought leader and valued partner with patient and medical communities through active engagement.
- Represents the company and acts as its liaison with regional industry associations and regional patient advocacy groups; attends trade and professional meetings important to the company’s success.
- Supports the execution of sponsorships and programs to optimize patient outcomes in all phases of the product life cycle.
- Work with counter parts within various industry partners for coordination to ensure open communications and alignment on goals, strategies and execution.
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with key regional and local influencers and organizations that are essential to achieving business objectives.
- Demonstrates clinically accurate product and disease state knowledge during interactions with internal and external customers.
- Contributes to the execution of strategic plans for assigned patient advocacy and medical societies and overseas the successful implementation that is aligned with company business strategy, plans, annual budgets and business reviews.
- Manages regional budgets and forecasting for patient advocacy and sponsorship activities.
- Champion the patient and medical professional voice and experience with key internal stakeholders.
- Overseas company sponsored patient advocacy events and forums to appropriately engage ACADIA employees to understand the special needs of patient groups.
- Responsibility for advocacy and industry relationships for current and future therapeutic areas, predominately focused on Parkinson’s, Dementia, and Depression organizations.
- Monitors competitive activity and identifies industry trends.
- Interfaces with medical affairs to ensure coordination and alignment with KOL, Ad board and medical education activities.
- Ensure cross functional collaboration with field-based medical, brand, market access, market development team and other key stakeholders to optimally manage relationships to ensure alignment and effective execution of patient advocacy and medical society strategy.
- Serves as a representative of the organization to both internal and external regional groups and ensures information communicated is accurate and up to date regarding organizational activities and industry trends.
- Stays current of new developments and ideas in the field of advocacy relations and incorporates such developments, ideas and strategies into the development and execution of programs.
- Ensures department’s adherence to company policies and quality system requirements, as well as other legal and regulatory directives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, healthcare, science, business administration or related degrees. A combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 7+ years of progressively responsible biopharmaceutical sales, account management and/or marketing experience, medical affairs or related experiences with a minimum of 3+ years of experience with key opinion leader management.
- CNS experience strongly preferred. Previous market development manager or regional area disease manager experience strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Patient Advocacy landscape, CNS and Rare Diseases, and Specialty Biopharmaceutical Distribution including academic medical centers, hospital systems and long-term care.
- Proven skill at negotiating with regional business partners and influencing regional leaders regarding matters of significance in a matrix organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English in verbal, written and presentation form.
- Proven PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office System Skills.
- Ability to travel by car, train or airplane independently overnight up to 70% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues.
Implements strategic plans for designated functions and participates with others in management to align objectives across the organization. Develops methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area and related organizational objectives.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity