Seeking talent near: San Diego, CA; Los Angeles, CA
For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
The Senior Market Development Manager is hands-on leader responsible to accelerate both brand & ACADIA access within designated Ecosystems & Health Systems. The role requires developing, operationalizing and leading pull through for health system strategic plans that align to ACADIA goals and priorities.
The qualified candidate must have a proven track record of strong strategic thinking with practical experience of taking the thinking through to implementation. The qualified candidate should also have:
- Health System management expertise, including creating and leveraging cross functional strategic relationships within the ecosystems internal and external matrix stakeholders
- Create and manage strategic business plans for each IDN which reflects strong account knowledge and meets expected objectives and results
- Expertise in making key business choices to identify, prioritize, and manage projects while moving to implementation
- Proven record of leadership without authority
- Strong personal drive and proven record in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to problem solve and drive innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively build mutually beneficial partnerships with Key Medical Experts while using approved tools and resources that support and advance patient care within assigned ecosystem
- Identify, align & implement clinical pathway interventions and population health initiatives for assigned IDN’s that meet gaps in care and align to brand objectives, while insuring compliance
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations
Key Functions of the job may also include:
- Demonstrated ability to engage KME’s in scientific discussions and synthesize actionable insights to cascade peer to peer dialog.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills, specifically with business partners or management.
- Ability to conduct effective presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or timelines.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible sales, account management and/or marketing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry required, CNS and Specialty Pharmacy experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years as IDN/complex health system Manager with a demonstration of National level leadership.
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to comply to strict policy, work in a highly regulated environment.
- Ability to analyze data, information and insight to define strategy.
- Ability to operate independently without strong support/guidance.
- Work well within a fast paced and dynamic environment with an ability to have an impact in a short space of time.
- Must exhibit leadership skills, ability to perform in fast paced environments and ability to influence without authority.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and polished executive presence required.
- Ability to travel 60-80%
Internal Candidate Requirements:
Internal candidates must meet the criteria above and have been with ACADIA for at least six months with a prior performance rating of at least Contributing level and may not have received any adverse performance management action within the prior 12 months.
Provides guidance to subordinates and/or manages department section, to achieve goals in accordance with established policies and to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. Establishes own operational objectives and work plans with senior management review. Selects methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area objectives and their impact on, and interaction with, other functions within the organization. Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 75% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues. Required to live within a reasonable distance to a major airport.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity