For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
Responsible for developing and leading a team of Market Development Managers while simultaneously hands on management of strategic Ecosystem initiatives that best serve the needs of health systems, Key Medical Experts, and area Advocacy and Medical Societies that result in an acceleration of ACADIA & brand access.
The qualified candidate must have a proven track record of leading high level strategic Account Managers with practical experience of health system management. The qualified candidate should also:
- Motivate and lead the Market Development team to ensure implementation and impact of identified Health System strategies and tactics
- Live and breathe the customer’s world to enable the Market Development team to develop and maintain a high level of customer knowledge
- Lead Market Development Managers to effectively conduct internal matrix cross functional leadership through the development & execution of Ecosystem strategic account plans
- Partner and display leadership with internal cross functional partners to ensure Ecosystem projects reach operationalization
- Build strong networks with Health System Key Medical Experts to identify scalable account based opportunities
- Empower the Market Development team to drive new opportunity creation through execution of strategic plans and inspire MDM’s to think creatively about new ways to engage with the customer.
- Lead by example and enable direct reports to leverage your relationships to facilitate engagement
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in leading and managing a highly skilled team of individuals
- Strong personal drive and proven record in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to problem solve and drive innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with both external & internal matrix partners
- Ability to conduct effective presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or timelines
Key Functions Of The Job May Also Include
- Leverage business knowledge and insights to guide key account business strategies and lead team to build tactical plans
- Leading and setting the direction for cross-functional initiatives, overseeing a budget
- Manage overarching strategic relationships with Health Systems and Key Medical Experts (KME)
- Oversee MDM planning, training and readiness activities, work closely with Marketing, Advocacy, Access, Medical and Sales to ensure coordinated customer engagement.
- Seasoned commercial professional, with 10+ years of commercial experience, within those, 3+ years Health Systems experience
- Minimum of 3 years biotech/pharma sales management experience. Marketing, Specialty Pharmacy product experience and/or CNS experience a plus.
- Ability to analyze data and insight to define strategy.
- Ability to operate independently without strong support/guidance.
- Work well within a fast paced and dynamic environment with an ability to have an impact in a short space of time.
- Must exhibit leadership skills, ability to perform in fast paced environments and ability to influence without authority.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and polished executive presence required.
- Ability to travel 50-75%
Provides guidance to subordinates and/or manages department section, to achieve goals in accordance with established policies and to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. Establishes own operational objectives and work plans with senior management review. Selects methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area objectives and their impact on, and interaction with, other functions within the organization. Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 75% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues. Required to live within a reasonable distance to a major airport.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity