For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
Provides diverse and advanced administrative duties for the SVP, Global Head of Medical Affairs & Chief Medical Officer along with the respective team leadership and their teams. Makes administrative decisions, handles details and maintains records and files of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Gathers, assembles and analyzes, edits information from a variety of sources to prepare reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence and memoranda, including presentation materials for Board of Directors and other high-level meetings.
- Initiates high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company.
- Reviews and answers mail or phone inquiries and determines if executive action is required.
- Maintains executive’s and team leader’s calendar and travel schedules.
- Processes and manages expense reports.
- Coordinates meetings and conferences and makes travel arrangements, keeping all parties informed.
- Maintains calendar of conferences and other key company events.
- Coordinates executive involvement in site and companywide events and activities.
- Performs project administration responsibilities as directed.
- Performs other assignments as directed.
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience. Minimum of 8 years’ related experience supporting VP level or higher. Biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to comprehend difficult instructions and maintain written records.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all MS Suite programs (highly skilled in Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word); ability and willingness to learn new programs.
- Familiarity with Concur (expense reporting software) desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and flexibility and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple projects and exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively to ensure completion of department priorities.
- Ability to plan for the needs of those managers being supported.
- Ability to implement process improvements.
- Knowledge of medical and scientific terminology is helpful.
- Ability to effectively share information regarding issues in written or verbal form and making recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Skills supporting team cooperation and a commitment to team success across various departments and sites.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways, demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity