For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
The Director Product Communications will lead the development and execution of global communications plans for our leading CNS portfolio. They will implement programs for development, launch and commercial stage products including unbranded and branded public relations efforts. This individual is accountable for preparing and activating issues management strategies to protect the reputation of our product portfolio and ensure that communication strategies align with core brand strategies.
- Lead and develop product communications strategy for NUPLAZID and late-stage clinical programs; create and execute corresponding communication plans and materials from pre-approval through launch, any additional regulatory milestones and/or commercial events
- Develop and manage comprehensive communication strategies internally and externally to support the product brand priorities, including partnering with corporate communications to ensure aligned messaging and positioning
- Develop media strategies for disease education and the role our medicines have in improving outcomes for patients, caregivers and families
- Manage planning and execution of public relations plans for medical congresses, publications, regulatory milestones, data disclosures and launch preparation efforts
- Lead issues management response plans
- Serve as the communications lead for our commercial product teams and participate in regular team planning meetings
- Work with and maintain relationships with journalists
- In partnership with internal communications, develop employee communications plans in support of key product milestones
- Establish collaborative working relationships with R&D, medical affairs, regulatory, patient and industry relations, scientific communications and brand teams to develop communications plans
- Oversee agency partner relationships and manage budgets
- Shape the foundational tools required for successful stakeholder engagement and gradually expand these resources through research and analytics
- Serve as a member of the Corporate Affairs leadership team, actively contributing to strategic planning and strengthening of the function’s capabilities
- Establish policies and processes as you build out this critical function for the team
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 10 years of communications experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical or healthcare industry preferred
- Experience in global product launches, including disease state and patient education programs
- A passion for positioning the science, innovation and patient outcomes
- Experience using research and analytics to target and align stakeholders
- Highly skilled at building relationships – from academic research partners to community-based partners
- Deep understanding of global healthcare issues and the ability to anticipate and shape ACADIA’s voice with diverse stakeholders
- Willingness to set strategy and long-range plans while driving outcomes in a hands-on manner
- Issues and crisis management experience
- Strong ability to work effectively across functions and levels and business units; proven collaborator
- Media relations expertise
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
Establishes strategic plans for designated functions and participates with others in management to align objectives across the organization. Develops methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area and related organizational objectives.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity