For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
Manages many aspect of the general ledger, close and reporting processes, while ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates month-end close activities;
- Assists and prepares monthly journal entries and account reconciliations related to clinical trials;
- Contract review related to various clinical trials;
- Reviews schedules, reports, journal entries and account reconciliations as necessary;
- Assists with the Company’s SOX compliance efforts, including updating the Company’s internal control documentation;
- Monitors accounting operations to ensure compliance with policies, practices and procedures;
- Identify process improvements and automation of activities;
- Prepares periodic and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible related experience. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered. Additional requirements:
- ERP experience required; experience with Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics and Management Reporter preferred;
- Experience working in the life science industry is required;
- Experience with clinical trial accounting is required;
- Sarbanes-Oxley and PCAOB internal controls knowledge;
- Knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP a plus;
- Self-motivated with strong integrity, organizational skills and attention to detail.
May provide guidance to other team members and/or manage department section, to achieve goals in accordance with established policies and to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions; determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and impact the short-term goals of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity