For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
Will lead the development of a corporate strategic sourcing strategy and implementation of a more robust procurement and vendor management program. Responsibilities include drafting a corporate procurement policy, establishing a preferred vendor list, standardizing terms across contracts, evaluating risks and opportunities across all vendor relationships, driving cost efficiencies while maximizing value, and building reporting to set and measure against procurement goals.
Leads the identification, assessment, selection, negotiation, execution of contracts and relationship with vendors providing externally contracted services to provide specialized support to the Commercial and General & Administrative teams along with Legal, Finance, and other functional areas as required in the identification, administration, oversight, and governance of vendors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with R&D strategic sourcing and vendor management to align strategy, goals, and reporting
- Establish corporate procurement / vendor management policy as well as preferred vendor list and qualification process
- Assists with the design and maintenance of outsourcing tools (RFP templates, budget templates, budget review tools, etc.), and recommends and implements software to facilitate costing as needed
- Lead RFP process and ongoing vendor management governance process for SG&A spend. Collaborate with department owners to optimize vendor selection and drive efficiencies
- Acts as liaison between internal/external stakeholders on vendor contracts and budgets. Manages change orders, risk reward proposals, earn backs, volume discounts and other pricing terms
- Perform risk management for vendor contracts and agreements
- Provide cost benchmarking for key activities using industry-based tools or customized analysis
- Build reporting to measure against procurement goals and track negotiated savings
- Collaborate with financial planning team on forecasting, budgeting, and strategy
- Influence a companywide culture of strategic sourcing and cost consciousness
- BS/BA or equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience will be considered
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience with vendor, contracts and budgeting administration; experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals preferred
- MBA or CPP preferred
- Line management experience
Key candidate qualities:
- Must possess strong data analysis skills and will be responsible for industry assessments, financial analysis, support for vendor selection, contract budget negotiations, and contribute to cost modeling
- Ability to take initiative, be flexible, exercise good judgment, interface with all levels of management, multi-task and have an excellent attention to detail to ensure the most efficient and cost effective contract solutions are achieved
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques, as well as understanding of current state of market
- Experience in change management within complex organizations
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to interpret and comprehend contract documentation
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Available for up to 20% domestic or international travel
Manages segment to achieve goals in accordance with established policies, meet schedules and resolve problems; may provide direction to and review of managers, supervisors, or employees. Works on abstract problems that may cross functional areas. Interacts with management on matters concerning functional area. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional area and may impact overall company operations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity