For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
This position will assist with the preparation for the company’s SEC reporting, technical accounting and research, as well as oversee the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts. The primary responsibilities of the position is to ensure that financial statements are prepared on a timely and accurate basis in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations and maintain the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance records.
- Lead or assist in quarterly and annual external financial reporting, including Forms 10-Qs ,10-Ks and 8-Ks tie-out documentation, including XBRL tagging.
- Support investor relations department for drafting and review of earnings releases and other relevant communications to investor community.
- Stay technically current with GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, research accounting pronouncements, draft accounting memo as needed, document impact on accounting policies, financial statements and disclosures.
- Responsible for technical accounting research. Review, interpret and opine on diverse contracts and agreements to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, GAAP, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and other regulatory requirements. Ensure clear and concise written documentation of accounting conclusions and accounting policies.
- Ensures SOX compliance regarding internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist in the development/updating of departmental internal control operating processes, procedures and standards, as needed.
- Liaise with third party auditors representing management and external auditors (both external audit firm and SOX consultants), managing timeline, schedule requests, testing, etc.
- Manage and correctly report all equity-based transactions and equity compensation associated with ASC 718.
- Assists with special, ad-hoc projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business related field required
- 3+ years of SEC reporting experience and 2+ years of audit experience with top-tier accounting firm
- Solid understanding of SEC reporting and U.S. GAAP accounting
- In-depth knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley act of 2002 requirements
- Experience working in biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is preferred
- Experience with SEC reporting tools/platforms such as Active Disclosure is preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong and positive work ethic for a growing team environment
Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions; determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Works on issues of diverse scope which require evaluation of a variety of factors and an understanding of functional area objectives and trends. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and impact the short-term goals of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity