Seeking talent near: Kansas City, MO; Oklahoma City, OK
For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, ACADIA has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
Responsible for managing a team of specialty sales representatives who interface directly with customers in the field.
- Directly leads and manages team of specialty sales specialists including hiring, developing, coaching, evaluating.
- Serves as a resource to the team as an expert in disease state, selling process, product knowledge, and customer engagement in the specialty care environment.
- Responsible for business management such as budgeting and action planning.
- Oversees execution of all elements of sales implementation and execution such as account management, resource implementation, and customer development.
- Responsible for account management activities as needed.
Lead the Team
- Recruit, interview, and hire sales specialists.
- Build a winning, customer-centric culture – and model it by establishing strong relationships directly with important customers.
- Motivate and inspire a team toward a common vision.
- Plan and execute effective sales meetings.
- Contribute to the oversight and guidance of ACADIA, and represent well its mission and values.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies.
Coach Sales Specialists
- Complete field visits on a regular basis and coach sales specialists on the key principles of customer engagement as well as territory and account management.
- Evaluate sales specialist behaviors – providing recognition or identifying development areas as appropriate.
- Handle personnel issues in a timely fashion as they arise.
- Collaborate with their specialists to create robust development plans for success in current and future roles with ACADIA
Manage the Business
- Create clear expectations and hold the team accountable to them.
- Establish alignment through a business planning and review process.
- Develop and adhere to a budget.
- Monitor and analyze business results and make necessary adjustments.
- Meet or exceed sales expectations.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Life Sciences. MBA a plus. A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical or medical sales with 2 years in sales management, with a focus on neuroscience preferred. Previous specialty experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and field coaching ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key customers and build networks within the medical community.
- Ability to anticipate future business opportunities and customer needs.
- Ability to complete verbal and written evaluations of others.
- Organization, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to comply to strict policy, work in a highly regulated environment, and maintain confidential information and data.
- Skilled at effectively communicating department or area issues and results within and across functional areas and conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or timelines. Able to gain cooperation of others.
- Skilled at effectively leading a cooperative team effort and organizing resources to achieve team goals. Able to make and prioritize process and resource decisions based on overall team needs.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must live within the boundaries of the region or a directly neighboring region, and near a major airport as significant overnight travel may be required.
Provides guidance to subordinates and/or manages department section, to achieve goals in accordance with established policies and to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions; determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Works on issues of diverse scope which require evaluation of a variety of factors ad an understanding of functional area objectives and trends. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and impact the short-term goals of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 70% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity