Manage meeting and trade-show planning and implementation for ACADIA commercial conferences, meetings and events to meet defined objectives.
- Partner with internal clients on assigned programs to develop project plans and implement meeting planning and logistics for commercial meetings to ensure programs are successful and achieve meeting objectives.
- Lead the planning and project management of a variety of commercial meetings and events ranging in size from small to large, which may include: advisory boards, conferences and congresses of patient and professional societies, speaker training, sales meetings, and corporate meetings and events, as required.
- Manage all meeting-related activities such as: venue sourcing and selection; registration, F&B planning, hotel rooming lists and meeting specifications, décor, entertainment, travel, ground transportation, attendee communications and all meeting related activities.
- Manage all trade-show related activities including vendor management of exhibit in collaboration with brand teams for promotional messaging and materials. Develop exhibit schedule and communications and manage all deliverables.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, hotels, meeting management companies, audio-visual and production companies and destination management companies.
- Responsible for negotiating vendor contracts with favorable concessions and terms.
- Enforce and maintain ACADIA compliance standards and work collaboratively with other departments to ensure various documents for Health Care Provider programs, such as consulting agreements, honorarium checks, invoices, and purchase orders to meet state and federal reporting requirements.
- Develop and manage meeting budgets within department financial parameters.
- Research and recommend potential meeting facilities, entertainment, transportation, promotional materials and any other aspects related to meetings and special events.
- Prepare and produce meeting materials (agenda, name badges, tent cards, etc.) and meeting supplies for shipment to meeting/tradeshow locations.
- Develop and ensure timelines are met.
- Support special projects to support the overall commercial strategy, as requested.
- Participate in development of business process creation and provides input and recommendations for implementation of Marketing Operations procedures.
- Supports the business plan for Marketing Operations, reflecting clear alignment with the Commercial organization’s strategic priorities.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with the Commercial team through frequent communication and interaction to understand needs and optimize effectiveness.
- Supports the department’s working relationships with Finance/Procurement to optimize the financial management, accrual and reporting for speaker programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (business, marketing or hospitality management) preferred or an equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- 5 years’ experience in a variety of progressively responsible meeting planning positions which includes varying program types and sizes.
- Pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) designation preferred.
- MS Office proficiency in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and intermediate skill in Excel.
- Understanding of regulatory, legal and medical requirements for pharmaceutical marketing preferred.
- Familiarity with Sunshine Act Aggregate Spend Reporting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills, works cooperatively with others, establishes rapport, while identifying needs of others.
- Strong organizational abilities and detailed oriented with the ability to manage vendor relationships in meeting deadlines for logistics execution.
- Experienced in budget management and robust negotiation skills.
- Self-directed with sense of urgency with commitment to tasks at hand.
- Strong business sense to grasp big picture while maintaining details.
- Flexible, adaptable, action and solution-oriented.
- Ability to easily adapt to new technology.
- Able to assert own ideas and persuade others through effectively consolidating, evaluating, and presenting relevant information.
- Skilled at promoting team cooperation and a commitment to team success.
- Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance and campaigning for it when necessary.
- Must be able to prioritize workload, and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Position includes occasional overnight travel, up to 30%.
May provide guidance to colleagues and vendors to achieve goals in accordance with established policies and to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions; determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Works on issues of diverse scope which require evaluation of a variety of factors and an understanding of functional area objectives and trends. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and impact the short-term goals of the organization
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity