Responsible for managing all accounting operations including oversight and direction for monthly and quarterly financial statement preparation, internal and external financial reporting, compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements, determining appropriate application of accounting principles, internal controls and SOX compliance, and corporate tax compliance and planning.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct and indirect supervision and support to all direct reports and other staff in the following areas: general accounting, payroll, financial reporting and compliance and accounts payable.
- Oversees monthly, quarterly, and year end close procedures including the consolidation of foreign subsidiaries.
- Supervises the preparation of accurate and timely internal and external financial statements.
- Oversees regulatory reporting and directs preparation of SEC filings including Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, 8-K, S-3, etc.
- Plans, directs and coordinates accounting functions to ensure compliance with GAAP and SOX.
- Oversees all financial audits of the company including external financial reporting, internal controls and compliance, federal and state tax reporting.
- Assesses accounting operations, recommends improvements and implements new systems and processes.
- Evaluates accounting and internal control systems and directs the development and implementation of financial policies.
- Assesses, establishes and supervises tax planning and tax compliance activities with internal personnel and external advisors.
- Monitors cash management and banking relationships.
- Manages the annual insurance renewal process.
- Prepares materials and presents to the audit committee and/or Board of Directors.
- Assists in financial due-diligence for merger and acquisition activities, corporate partnerships, licensing activities and other special projects like financial modeling and analysis.
- Supports executive leadership on special projects as needed.
- Leads and develops staff.
- Stays abreast of the latest regulatory and financial accounting pronouncements to ensure compliant and timely adoption
- Works with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to achieve department, company and personal goals.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA required. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered. Minimum 15 years in progressively responsible and relevant finance or accounting positions, preferably with commercial, public-company experience in the life science industry with a minimum 5 years in a senior level finance position and supervisory experience, with demonstrated success leading and mentoring a team.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and control principles including GAAP and other highly technical accounting skills in a public company
- Motivation as a self-starter, ability to show initiative/independence and drive to make important business contributions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment, gain results and be goal oriented.
- Highly collaborative and perceptive and shows prudent analysis in problem solving.
- Demonstrated skill at negotiating with business partners or management and influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Proficiency at creating and communicating a clear vision among team members effectively aligning resources and activities to achieve functional area and/or organizational goals.
Establishes strategic plans for designated function(s) and may participate with others in management to align objectives across the organization. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area(s) and related organizational objectives. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, or company operations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 25% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity