Provides administrative duties and support with activities for respective leader and their team(s) or function.
- Coordinates and manages calendars for assigned client group at the Sr. Director level and above.
- Manages travel arrangements for assigned client group at the Sr. Director level and above.
- Reconciles and manages expense reports for assigned client group at the Sr. Director level and above.
- Coordinates and support for assigned client group with attendance at meetings, conferences, vendor meetings, summits and other professional meetings.
- Schedules various meetings, including securing meeting space, food and beverages as needed.
- Ensures meeting room refrigerators are stocked appropriately at all times.
- Processes and manages expense reports for Sr. Director level and above.
- Reconciles departmental expenses through purchase orders and Concur/corporate credit card for assigned client group at the Sr. Director level and above.
- Works with appropriate colleagues/departments to support the creation and management of statements of work, purchase orders, master service agreements and any other confidential records related to department work.
- Minute-keeping at team meetings as determined by Sr. Directors or above.
- Manages department files via BOX and S drive, keeping materials organized and current.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with multiple outside agencies and vendors.
- Meets/greets visitors, vendors and/or candidates in advance of meeting with departmental personnel.
- May support interdepartmental or cross functional projects and collaborate with other Administrative Assistants to share best practices and coordinate initiatives.
- Performs other assignments as directed.
High school diploma and 2 years’ related administrative experience supporting executives; associate’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered. Pharmaceutical or biotech experience strongly desired.
- Proficiency in all MS Suite programs.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and able maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to work under pressure, prioritize projects and workload, anticipate needs of those supporting and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and coordinate project priorities and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work.
- Works proactively and able to problem solve independently.
- Proven ability to display professionalism, tact, diplomacy, judgement and flexibility.
- Effective communication and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proficient at supporting effective interactions between team members and among cross-functional teams.
Has an understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
Works on assignments that can be difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity