Abstract is searching for an innovative Internal Communications Specialist to join our team as we embark on a period of transformation and growth. We are looking for a creative communicator who will help ensure we are communicating effectively to our employees. In this role, you will support our employee communications efforts across the organization and manage execution of communications through a variety of channels, translating complex subjects to clear, engaging information.
- Design and implement internal communications strategy and philosophy to boost engagement, increase awareness of organizational culture and company priorities and build a community of inclusion and belonging for a remote workforce
- Collaborate with the People Team to develop and deliver creative, engaging, innovative and impactful communication content
- Develop clear, concise and compelling executive communications that support Abstract’s business strategy and growth plans
- Create content and support existing communication channels including All Hands meetings and employee engagement programs
- Source, measure, and utilize employee feedback data to continually innovate and inform internal communication and engagement strategies
- Proven track record of moving fast, being entrepreneurial, and getting results that matter
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of employee communications experience - remote workforce preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to move quickly, take initiative, multi-task, and work cross-functionally
- Self starter who can thrive working independently and collaboratively
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative work environment
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excited to try new things, measure impact and learn
- Excellent project management skills
- Attentive to detail, results-oriented, and a sense of humor (a bonus!)
- Collaborative, team player
- Proven track record working on both proactive and reactive communications
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on design files. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Cisco, Intuit, Pandora, Wayfair, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is a remote-first company with employees in 30+ states across the US. If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you! Though we're a distributed team, we're currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
Benefits & Additional Notes
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care and health care FSA as well as commuter benefits for SF office employees.
To help employees plan for the future, we are able to offer competitive pay and a 401k.