Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on Sketch files. Since launching in July 2017, over 7,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Shopify, Cisco, Intuit, Wayfair, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
Who You Are
As the Director of Demand Generation, you will be responsible for leading Abstract’s demand generation strategy and execution, increasing the volume and quality of leads for sales and accelerating the velocity of our sales cycles.
As our ideal candidate, you are:
- An Enterprise Marketing Pro: You’ve had previous, hands-on experience scaling digital acquisition channels and developed account-based marketing programs with proven results
- Data-Driven, with previous B2B SaaS experience: Equipped with strong analytical skills, you love data and are well versed in MQL, SQL, pipeline forecasting and management, and driven by optimization of performance metrics (CAC, conversion rates, etc).
- Curious & Willing: You believe in a learning mindset, and are always looking for new channels to test and experiment with. You don’t mind being wrong if it means you are learning and teaching others. You have a track record of taking initiative to make things happen.
- Develop and manage Abstract’s Demand Generation strategy, including inbound lead acquisition and outbound account-based marketing strategy (ABM)
- Manage and understand the entire marketing and sales cycle, from acquisition to close, to improve pipeline growth and velocity across the funnel
- Build and execute effective marketing programs across the customer journey to optimize and accelerate pipeline generation
- Drive new levels of cross-channel and integrated marketing, and ensure our marketing activities and spend are aligned with business objectives
- Ensure no lead is left behind in partnership with sales and operations teams. Manage and optimize lead management including lead scoring, lead routing, and efficient handover processes to the sales team
- Augment, refine, and evangelize our measurement of success. Create best practices to streamline reporting processes and drive effective communications throughout the organization
- Partner with internal creative teams and product marketing to develop integrated marketing messaging and creative execution
- Manage our website and web roadmap in partnership with our brand team to create dynamic experiences for our prospects and customers
- Manage our paid advertising agency and all paid partnership opportunities
- Execute nurture strategies that align with the customer journey and improve funnel conversion rates
- Project management and hands-on execution of marketing programs and campaigns expected
Your Skills & Experience
- 10+ years experience in enterprise B2B SaaS demand generation
- Prior experience & proficiency with Salesforce & Marketo required
- Proven experience developing and scaling paid marketing programs that deliver conversions, sales pipeline and revenue
- Experience with a land & expand sales motion
- Self-motivated and strong collaboration and communications skills
- Experience with web content management, measurement, and testing tools (Ex: WordPress, Webflow, Optimizely, Drift, etc)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to establish priorities and communicate expectations
- Ability to establish credibility through vision, technical expertise and implementation
- An understanding of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe suite or Invision a bonus
- Comfort with ambiguity and experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment